9

Angel's pov

Sunday went by all too quick. My friends and I simply stayed in and relaxed. We even ordered in twice for lunch and dinner. There was only one reason for us to head out and that was for groceries. We love eating junk as much as the next guy, but nothing tastes better than a home-cooked meal.

Today is the first day of training and we are waiting in the backyard of the pack house. It's 4:50am and not a single soul has shown up. I guess everyone plans to magically appear at exactly 5am then.

"Man these guys are lazy", Naomi sighs

"Hey, maybe we can leave if they don't show up and punish them later for it", Aiden says, "I wouldn't mind another hour or two to sleep."

I smile and check my apple watch. They have 6 minutes before I actually consider Aiden's idea. Then I hear 1 set of footsteps crunching in the grass toward us and turn around. It's Jake.

"Damn it", Aiden mind links

"Wow, congrats Jake", I say, "where's everyone else?"

"Good morning to you too sis", he says, "just give them a couple more minutes, they're still waking up."

"Hmph. First, don't call me 'sis'. And second, they only have 2 minutes before they're all late." He just scoffs and folds his arms over his chest.

At exactly 4:59, a bunch of people start rushing out the door. And some are technically late when the clock changes to 5.

"GOOOOD MORNING LADIES", Aiden says with his hands cupped like a megaphone. The people just groan and glare at him which of course brings a bright smile to his face.

I take a look around and am a bit surprised but pleased to see that the Alpha and Luna have joined in. I wouldn't have counted them late if they decided not to show. But it is endearing that they understand the importance of leading by example. Even if they are just as late.

"We are missing someone", I say loudly with a sweet smile. Everyone starts looking around to figure out who is missing. A few more minutes passed quietly before a Eric stumbled out the door followed by Maddie. Eww.

"Okay. Now that everyone is here, we'll start light with 50 pushups." Aiden blew a whistle, earning him more grunts and sneers. He's the king of being annoying and right now I love him for it. "You two who came late get to do 75. We don't tolerate tardiness."

Eric himself grunted but still got down with everyone else. And Maddie just stood there checking her nails and watching Eric. I cleared my throat which she ignored. So I walk straight up to her and snap my fingers an inch from her face.

"Can I help you?", she sneers

"If you're not going to join the group, you might as well hand yourself over to the rouges the next time they attack", I say, "Don't expect your pack to sacrifice themselves to protect you when you aren't willing to fight."

"I don't need this stupid training. You're supposed to be the Council's 'Lone Warrior'? Piss off."

Some of the pack gasped and a second later, I was holding out my arm to stop Naomi who lunged at Maddie. Aiden came and held her back.

"Dumb bitch", Naomi seethed, "you don't even have a third of the strength and experience that Angel has. You wouldn't stand a chance against a rogue."

"Let her do as she pleases for now", I say trying to calm Naomi, "we'll see if she's still singing the same tune after the test."

"What test?", Maddie demanded

"Don't worry your little head about that. Just stand there and watch your pack do all the work."