Come Over

Brooklyn, New York

"Okay, enough mommy

"Okay, enough mommy." Jersi said as she went back to her room to play.

"Well okay then miss ting." Lani said shocked that her babygirl would rather play then take pictures with her.

Saturday afternoon, Lani had no work later on and she was with Jersi. She planned on taking her out to Times Square later on when it was dark so she could see all the lights. She had bought tickets for a broadway play for Jersi to see earlier this month.

Sulan and Amber planned on coming over but Lani didn't know if they still would. P had just got back in town again so she knew Sulan would be under him and Amber loved working so she more than likely would go in tonight.

And as far as DJ goes, he and Lani have talked often during the week passing since they were last on the phone. It wasn't as consistent as them high schooler conversations because they were adults and had lives of their own but it was still quite often. Lani actually had plans of him coming over to help him get things ordered for his EP release party coming up.

DJ picked a label, finally, and was now ready to release his first label signed EP. DJ had multiple, but they never really reached the big screen like he'd hoped. So this go around, he hoped for bigger.

Lani sat up and went back into the living room to finish cooking. It's been awhile since she'd cooked and she missed the smell of a fresh home made meal brewing. She placed onions, bell peppers, and seasoning in her crockpot along with her seasoned meat.

She planned to let it cook slow while she and Jersi went out.

"Jersi! Put your shoes on babe."

"Yes ma'am!" Jersi hollered back, doing as her mom asked.

Just as Lani was getting her things together for them to go, DJ called.

"Waddup ma?"

"Hey DJ."

"You sound busy, want me to call back?" He askedz

"Nah you good. Me and Jersi getting ready to go." She replied putting her shoes on.

"Oh okay, the play right?"

"Yeah, you remembered?" She smiled.

"Duh, got no choice. Yo talkin' ass." He laughed, sparking his blunt.

Lani smacked her lips. "See, whatever."

"But nah forreal, round what time you think y'all gonna be back home?" He asked.