CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR

Start from the beginning

Jace laughs. "What crawled up your ass and died?"

I rolled my eyes and shoved him away a bit.

"Where have you been?" Jade asks.

I shrug. "I had some soulmate time then had some family stuff to deal with. Nothing big."

LIAR.

"Oh okay," Sam hums. "But we need to get to class now idiots!"

I chuckle as they realize what time it is and curse. I watch my friends get their stuff in a frenzy and rush to the classroom, me walking leisurely behind them. When we reach the classroom, I head straight for my seat, sitting down and getting my stuff out. The professor walked in soon after and began teaching. Once the lesson was over, I quickly rushed out of the door, only for my wrist to get caught in the hallway. I turn and gulp, seeing David standing tall over me.

My friends rush over to me to help, but I wave them off with a tiny smile. "It's okay. I'll catch up with you guys later."

With uneasy glances, my small pack of friends disappeared down the hallway.

"Nice to see you again, fiancé/fiancée," David growls into my ear.

I pull back quickly. "That is not happening."

"Oh, but it is," David smirks. "You see, your aunt and uncle made a deal. You are promised to me!"

"No I'm not, you dumbass! They can make absolutely no legal agreements for me."

His grip on my wrist tightens and he drags me into the classroom, nobody occupying it now. "You are fucking mine! And we will get married!"

I shake my head rapidly. "I have soulmates! I have eight wonderful people I love! I'm not marrying some lowlife bastard like you!"

He growls and yanks me closer. "You better watch that pretty little mouth of yours. You don't want to make me mad again, now do you?"

I gulp and withdraw into myself. David sees my reaction and stands taller, a huge smirk breaking out on his face.

"Good job," he hums, satisfied. "Now, I've got to go, but I'll see you later fiancé/fiancée."

With that, he drops my wrist and saunters out of the classroom. My legs, however, wobble and I let myself fall to the ground. I just sit there for a while, staring at the wall and trying to force myself to wake up from this nightmare. However, it was no use. Unfortunately, this isn't a nightmare, it's a reality. 

Painfully slowly, I drag my weakened body up and head outside of the classroom, looking for my friends. After a few minutes of searching, I find them and rush over, taking a seat by Jade.

"What the hell did he do?" She growls out.

I look up at her confused. "Why would you think he did anything?"

She points towards my wrist. "Because that wasn't fucking there before!"

I look down at my wrist, the others looking downs well. I notice why she freaked out. There is a huge ass outline of a hand on my wrist, purple starting to build in a few places. The bruise is very visible on my skin, and now that I am out of my small shock, begins to hurt.

"I'm gonna kill him," Matt growls, beginning to stand up.

"No no no," I yelp, grabbing his arm to pull him down. "It's not serious. I'm fine."

"This is not okay," Jace scolds.

Sam nods. "This is not okay at all. He hurt you."

"It's okay guys," I try to assure them.

Jade stands up and moves in front of me. "Why won't you see that it is bad?!"

Please don't get mad.

"Jade"

"This is so bad. He is hurting you and you ignore it!"

Jade, please don't.

"Stop."

"No! You shouldn't be scared of him!"

You don't know a fucking thing!

"Please don't."

"Stop being a wimp and stand up to him! It's what the old Y/N would have done!"

"But that's not me anymore!" I shriek, then immediately cover my mouth.

Jade's eyes soften and she moves away from me. "What?"

"Look, he did something a while ago," I whimper. "Something that caused my soulmates to have to come get me. Now please, let go of this topic. I beg of you."

My friends look at me with eyes wide.

I sigh and stand up, grabbing my stuff. "I only had one class today. Goodbye, I'll see you later I guess."

I walk past my frozen friends and head to my car. Once I'm in, I sit in the drivers seat and slam my hands on the wheel. Over and over again, I torture my palms, letting bruises form on them.

"GODDMANIT"

I slam my hands once more on the wheel, then ram my head down, leaving it there as I try to take deep breaths in and out.

"I just want to go home."

"Why me?"

I pull my head up and take another deep breath. Once I was calm enough, I started my car and drive back to my apartment. I saw the boys' car still here, so I rushed out of my car and into the apartment. As soon as I entered, the boys greeted me. Instead of answering, I just rushed into the first pair of open arms there was. Which happened to be Jeongin's.

"Baby, are you okay?" Jeongin asked softly, as if I would break if he spoke any louder.

"Can we not talk about this right now? I just want you to hold me."

Jeongin hummed in acknowledgement and lead me to the couch, sitting us both down. I immediately cuddled into him and closed my eyes, taking deep breaths.