How to prepare for a study session with your Crush

"Joder! What should I wear?".

Joana tossed the umpteenth piece of clothing from her wardrobe to the bed, huffing - "Fuck, where's that shirt..."

"Joana! Que quilombo, mija!" - her mother, passing through the corridor, noticed the mess that had become Joana's room - "What's happening?"

"Sorry, mom. I swear I'll tidy up this evening. It's just that I can't find anything to wear."

"Well, it seems to me like you have lots of stuff..."

"No, I can't find anything pretty to wear!"

"Ooooh, I see..." - the woman smirked - "And what's the occasion? There's a guy? A girl?"

Joana blushed slightly - "Mom, stop! I'm just seeing a friend, Cristina. We have to work on a school project." - she took a grey and white striped long-sleeved sweatshirt, then a black one with a stamp on it, trying them on in front of the mirror, more to escape her mother's prying look than to really try them.

"Si, claro. You call it school project now?"

"Mama!" - the raven-haired girl whined.

Joana's mom laughed and lift her hands surrendering - "I won't push any further. Just know that it's ok for me. And for your father. Remember what we said the day you came out?"

Joana sadly smiled - "The important thing is love... and trust." - she lowered her head - "Mom... I don't think I'll ever be able, you know, to be honest with someone. Not that honest."

Estefania got up from her daughter's bed and took Joana's head between her hands, stroking her cheeks gently - "Stop that. Remember what your therapist said. You're not your disease. And if this girl, Cristina, isn't the right one, there will be another person. No matter if a girl or a boy."

"Yeah, whatever. Not that I like her. It's just that... she's the first girl who has talked to me since I got to school. I only know guys here..."

"Whatever you say, honey... But remember, don't let the disease choose for you. You're way stronger. Ok?" - the girl nodded sadly - "I'll leave you. But promise me you'll tidy up."

She kissed Joana's forehead and went to the door, but before leaving the room she said winking- "Go with the white and grey striped one. It goes well with your skin tone."

...

Later that day, Joana found herself nervously waiting for Cris to open the door. That's a really bad idea, Joana. Bet she's straight as a line and you'll end wasting your only chance at female friendship. Just be cool, don't flirt. You're here for the project.

Finally, the blonde opened the door. Fuck, she's beautiful.

"Hola"

"Hola"

Ok, why is she staring? Ok, play cool, Bianchi. You know how to do it.

Joana smirked and raised her eyebrows - "Should I come in or should we do the project here?"

Cris blushed and chuckled nervously - "Yes, of course, come in!" - she said, moving from the threshold to let the brunette in.

Well... maybe she's not totally straight after all. Thanks mom.

Working on this tumblr post https://creoencasiangeles.tumblr.com/post/613400695333421056/an-awkward-and-clod-cris-soto-getting-ready-for, I've started imagining how JOANA was getting ready for her study date with the girl she was crushing into, and this is the result. Hope you liked it, even if short.