↘︎ chapter seventy-five

Start from the beginning

The other Death Eaters led the Weasleys, Brielle, Noelle, Noen, Angelina, Lee Jordan, Remus and Tonks, including Hagrid. Although not everyone held them like Marley, Mr. Weasley, the twins, Brielle and Noelle, most had clearly surrendered and didn't try to resist.

Everyone walked quietly toward the Burrow, which was sinking into darkness. The grass under Marley's feet was soft and fluttering with every step she took. The moonlight kept warming them, and a few seconds later she heard a crash. Travers had noisily opened the Burrow's door and walked in with Arthur. Yaxley pushed Marley forward, and the Death Eaters pushed everyone into the living room, and then began directly lifting the house upside down.

They knew they would not resist. There was a rolling of furniture, the clanking of pans and pots, the heavy steps of climbing the stairs. Marley didn't know what they expected to find. At least five Death Eaters were guarding them, lest by chance they decide to fight.

No one talked until suddenly, from the upper floors, she heard a deadly scream. Marley thought it was a very girlish scream for a man.

"Bring me Arthur Weasley here now!" roared Yaxley and one of the Death Eaters seized Mr. Weasley for the elbow, rudely pushing him upstairs. Marley followed him with her hazel eyes and sighed deeply.

"Will you explain to me what in the name of Merlin's pants is this?" asked Yaxley outraged and suddenly, Marley, Fred and George tried to hold their laughter. Mrs. Weasley just looked at them cautionary.

"Merlin's pants." sighed dreamily Brielle with a shy smile, dancing on her lips. "My favourite."

Noelle laughed quietly, while Mrs. Weasley had crossed her arms and frowned.

"Oh, Yaxley, be gentle!" said calmly Mr. Weasley. "This is my son Ron. He has spattergroit. And he's very sick that he couldn't come to his brother's wedding. Isn't it sad, Yaxley?"

"He's disgusting." said Yaxley with distate in his voice. "Let's go down here, I can't stand to watch him. These pimples are awful."

Within minutes, they came down from the attic room, and Marley smiled internally because the Death Eaters had grasped that actually Ron was the family ghoul. In fact, no one knew where Ron was at the moment.

"So," Yaxley stood before them, Death Eaters were surrounding everyone. "The Ministry is doing a comission for mudbloods. The Weasleys are pure-bloods, I can't fight that, unfortunately. The Blacks too--"

"What comission?" asked Marley. "For muggle-borns? Why are you doing this?"

"All wizards who use magic must prove that they had at least one wizard or witch in their family tree, otherwise we can consider it as treason." replied Yaxley with a triumphant evil smile. "Registration is about to begin soon. Is there any one of you out there who is a mudblood or we must learn it the hard way?"

"No," said Brielle with smooth and mastered voice. Marley tried not to look at Angelina Johnson. Her best friend was a half-blood witch but her father was muggle-born. If the Death Eaters understand it, Lina was going to lose her father. "All of us here are pure-bloods or half-bloods."

"If you say so," shrugged shoulders Yaxley. "But even if it is, this person to listen to me carefully. You're listed in the Mudblood Registration Comission and you're going to be questioned. Look now, I don't want it the hard way, but you're going to tell us where Potter is or there will be consequences. Do not try to hide him."

No one spoke. Yaxley looked at everyone with appreciation. Marley didn't tremble. Her heart was pounding in her chest, and even though she had little fear, she didn't show it in any way. Yaxley simply sighed melodramatically.