•𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓•

Start from the beginning

He squinted his eyes at me as we came to a red light, he took that opportunity to turn around and look at Javier who'd been quiet the entire time.

"and yo sister?" He continued.

"The same, disappointing." I sighed.

I guess he could tell that the topic was sensitive because he moved on, "what about you Jave, fill me in on your life."

"Destin and I got really close," he nodded, a smile creeping on his lips.

"I can see." Clare chuckled.

"What y'all together or sum'?" He asked.

"Nah, his peoples aren't really with it." Javier explained, "his dads a homophobe and his brother is a b—, his brother is selfish." He corrected.

"His brother?"

"Marquees..." Javier sighed.

"They siblings? wait ain't y'all friends?" Clare questioned, clearly confused.

"They aren't twins, I think they are like step siblings or half related. And yeah, we were, but apparently he was jealous and that ruined the short friendship we had."

"What he do?" Clarence asked, his tone changing. It wasn't overly serious but you could tell he wasn't joking.

"he just said some irrelevant stuff, stopped me and Destin from talking for a while. it's all cool now though—Destin and I are talking and I don't really care about quees to be honest."

"what irrelevant stuff he say?" He questioned.

"Clare..." I said lowly.

"I'm just curious.." he defended.

"He called me spoiled basically, he wanted to fight bu—"

"Wait hollup, he put his hands on you?" Clarence asked, his tone again changing, this time to one that was serious.

"No!" Both Javier and I said at the same time.

Visibly I watched him calm allowing me to release a breath.

Maybe it was a good thing I didn't tell him what really happened at my parents house.

"So how he stop you and ole boy from talkin?" Clare continued.

"because Destin and Marqueeses Dad is homophobic, he basically threatened to snitch on Destin if he continued to talk to me. So Destin and I decided to hide our friendship at least until he felt comfortable to be open." Javier explained.

"he mad lame for that." Clare scoffed, "you want me to talk to they pops?"

"Clare what are you gonna do, you can't just tell someone how to parent their kid, especially somebody closed minded." I told him.

"Yeah it's not a big deal anymore, me and Destin still talk, we just gotta be careful."

Although Clarence nodded and seemed to drop the topic I knew he wasn't over it. His silence for the rest of the ride just proved to me that this was still on his mind.