Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Chapter 23, time for the big fight! I've been working hard on this one, so hope you enjoy. I watched the Naruto VS Pain fight again for research...and I felt like watching the Naruto Vs Pain fight. If you don't like fights, skip this chapter, if you do sit back and enjoy. Thanks for reading and please review.
N

aruto was a 5 miles from the Mist waiting for Pain, he was going to try to avoid this fight from being in the Mist to avoid damages. Pa was on his shoulder and he had Gamabunta and Gamaken behind him. He activated his jinjuriki cloak and got ready. They could sense Pain's chakra coming, this was gonna be big.
Five figures appeared before Naruto, the Six Paths of Pain minus the one destroyed by Jiraiya, "So, Jiraiya-sensei really does have a new student. Excellent, I would hate to think that someone like Jiraiya-sensei would just give up. The world wouldn't be worth bring peace to if people were so willing to just layed back and accepted everything."
Naruto scowled, "so you really were trained by Pervy-sage, and you turned into this. Do you really think this is the kind of piece he wanted?"
Pain didn't show any emotion, "Jiraiya-sensei was a great man, a visionary of sorts, but he was a naive fool just the same. An idealist like him could never manage to bring peace to the world. It takes someone like me, someone who will give up their own humanity. I took enough pain to the point where became something greater, a god of sorts. This is what you need to do if you wish to bring peace to the world. You're strong, I can tell that much, join me, help me bring pain to the world, help me show it the truth."
Naruto shook his head, "You just don't get it, it's like you never listen to a word Pervy-Sage said. He hated to see anyone in pain, that's what made him who he was. He played the fool for everyone so that they could be happy, he took on more pain than any man I've ever known. He lost his student, was turned down by the woman he loved, was betrayed by his best friend, but still his biggest concern was everyone else. If there were more people like that in the world, people who wanted nothing more than to end other's pain, we would have peace in no time. The answer to bringing peace to the world isn't putting through more pain, it's getting people to want to stop other pain."
Pain chuckled, "A nice dream, but a dream just the same. The thing about dreams," one of the paths, the one with spikes on his head, charged at Naruto, "they're meant to be broken."
Naruto didn't even flinched, the path was suddenly crushed by a rasengan. An orange hand that appeared to be pure chakra had come out of his back and destroyed the path before anyone could figure out it even happened. "You're gonna have to do a lot better than that if you want to beat me."
Pain couldn't help but be impressed, "Not bad, you've actually managed to take control of the Kyuubi's chakra."
Naruto sighed, "No, we're partners. He's working with me willingly. If you would actually take the time work with them you'd be surprised just how much like us they are."
One of the paths slammed her hands on the ground, "Summoning Jutsu." A massive dog appeared on the battlefield, "fine, let's see how the fox does against the dog."
Gamabunta and Gamaken jumped forward, "You go get the girl, this mutt will be childs play for us."
Naruto rushed forward past the dog, he made another sphere in his hand with the help of the chakra limbs. He lifted it in the air, "Rasenshuriken!"
It rushed towards the path, one to be intercepted by another and absorbed, "Come on gaki, you know better than that! If you want to use ninjutsu you've got to destroy that path first."
Naruto scowled, "Sorry, I'll have to," he didn't finish as the path he had previously destroyed was now attacking him once more, "what the hell?! I crushed you!"
Naruto jumped back and Pa jumped on his shoulder, "That fella in the back, the one they're all protecting, he can revive the other paths. If you want to beat these guys you have to destroy him."
Gamabunta yelled over, "And make it fast, this dog is getting to be a pain in the ass! Every Time you kill it, two more of them pop up!"
Naruto was thinking this was getting ridiculous, but he had a plan at least. He made some clones and threw some smoke bombs down. A Rasenshuriken flew out of the smoke at path in the back, only to be stopped by the absorbing path, "I thought the toad already told you, that won't work."
The Rasenshuriken poofed away leaving Naruto in it's place, "I know, that way I used a transformation jutsu." He tackled the path, another Rasenshuriken threw out of the smoke at the head path, "you lose."
The path didn't do anything until the last second, he put his hand up a strange force surrounded him, "Almighty Push."
The Rasenshuriken faded away, leaving Pa frowning, "Damn, the Almighty Push. Its only weakness is it needs at least five seconds to recharge, more if it's a stronger one."
Pain clearly wasn't going down easy, "Give it up, you're not going to beat us. You may be strong, but you're not on our level."
Naruto smirked, another clone descend from the air, crushing the healing path. Naruto jumped back, using one of his chakra limbs to chase down the path with the spikes in his head. Just as the path though he had escaped, Pa made some hand seals and launched his tongue out, wrapping and crushing the path. "As you were saying."
Pain's path's regrouped, "I'll admit, you've surpassed our sensei, but so have I. We've only just gotten started."
Gamabunta and Gamaken we're having trouble with the dogs, there were now 7 of them. "Gaki, hurry up! This getting insane here."
Naruto and Pa started muttering to one another, they began to form a plan in their heads. Pa jumped over to his grandson, and whispered to him, "sounds good gramps, lets do this."
Naruto grabbed some more smoke bombs and tossed them at the paths, "alright Pa, tossed him."
The paths felt something massive hit the ground, the summoning path suddenly found itself completely in the dark, "let's see your little friends help you now!" The path was hit by two rasengans, destroying it. Gamabunta spit it out along with Naruto as the smoke cleared. The summoned dogs poofed away.
The head path was getting aggravated, although you couldn't actually tell. "So you've eliminated three of the paths, not bad. Jiraiya sensei could only eliminate one of them."
Naruto got back into his battle stance, "you've only got two left, time to finish this." In a flash he made a dozen clone, who launched themselves at absorbing path. He didn't have time to fight all of them off, they destroyed it with there taijutsu, leaving the head path on his own.
Pain's head path's eyes darkened, "I think it's time we end this." He raised his hand, "Planetary Devastation."
Naruto watched as black ball rose into the sky, Naruto suddenly felt the ground under him shake. It broke away and began to go towards the ball, bringing Naruto with it. Gamabunta and Gamaken didn't like this, "Sorry gaki, but we've gotta get out here."
Naruto nodded, "you get out of here too Pa. Me and Kurama can handle this."
Pa didn't like it, but got poofed away with his grandsons. Naruto decide to ask his nine-tail friend what to do next, "You got any ideas Kurama?"
Kurama had an idea alright, but he wasn't Naruto would like it, "If you went full nine-tails mode we should be able breakaway pretty easy. I can send a tailed beast bomb at him too, after that attack it'll be away before he can use the Almighty Push again."
Naruto thought about for a second, "Alright lets do it. Time to settle this!"
Kurama was a little surprised he agreed so suddenly, but still got started to prepare for the transformation.
The head path felt a surge in chakra and looked up at the jinjuriki, "what's he doing?"
There was a large eruption of chakra and he could feel the Planetary Deviations weakening it's hold on him. The legendary Kyuubi burst from the jutsu's pull and jumped down at the final path. He began to form a large ball in his mouth and launched it at him. The head path had no way to dodge, he simply took the massive hit. It left about a half a mile crater in the ground, the only thing that remained of the six paths was some pieces that had flown out of the blast radius during the fight.
Naruto shrunk back down to human size and grabbed one of the rods. He could track Pain with this. Sticking the rod in his hand, he could tell Pain was about 13 miles from where they had been fighting. It was time for the final confrontation with the insane front man of the Akatsuki.
Naruto found a large tree that almost looked like it was made of paper. He touched it and found some of it peeled off, yup it was paper. Naruto climbed it until he found a small opening in tree. He looked inside and saw two people, a man and a woman. The man was hooked into a strange machine and had red hair. The girl had blue hair and appeared to be the one manipulating the paper.
He walked inside, "So this is the real Pain, it's good to finally see you in person."
The man frowned deeply, "So, you're the one who actually managed to defeat six of my paths, well five of them anyway. You think that means you've won, please. This won't bring peace to the world, if anything you're holding it back. It's idealistic fools like you that are going to bring the world down in the end."
Naruto pulled a book out of his pocket, "You didn't always believe that. At one time you believed our sensei was right and that world would find peace. You believed in the words in this book."
Pain went wide eyed, "Wait, that book…"
Naruto kept talking, "I believe in this book, I believe that even more important than finding peace is willingness to always believe peace can be obtained. The hero in this book said those words, the hero in this books name is…"
Pain fished the sentence, "Naruto."
Naruto put the book back, "You may have lost faith, but I haven't. I chose to walk away. I still hate you, but I forgive you."
Pain looked at the boy shook his head, "It appears you've learned much more from sensei than I ever did."
Naruto smiled, "he was a good teacher, when he wasn't peeping on women baths anyways."
Pain laughed, "I don't think I still have the power to believe in peace, so I'm going to believe in you instead. I chose to believe you can succeed where I have failed," he raised his hands out of the machine, "I'm going to perform one last jutsu, it's a gift for you."
The blue haired girl looked at him, "Nagato, if you try anything in your current state…"
The newly named Nagato shook his head, "No, this is for the best. Naruto, I'm giving you a small section of my memories. Strange as that may sound there is a reason. I'm giving you all of my knowledge on Madara Uchiha and his partner Zetsu, I want you to use it to fight him. He was the only person I've ever met who was stronger than me, until you."
Naruto nodded, "Thank you, I promise you I will bring peace to this world."
Nagato smiled, "Yes, you will." He made some hand seals, a small glow formed around his body until it began to surround both him and Naruto. Nagato's hair turned white, "You can do this, I believe in you, Naruto Uzumaki." His eyes closed, leaving the blue haired girl crying.
She turned to Naruto, "thank you, for restoring his faith in the end. My name is Konan, and if Nagato trusts you then so do I."
Naruto shook her hand, "It was my pleasure. Konan, take him with you, bury him, remember him for who he was, not who he became."
Konan formed some paper around him and Naruto started to walk away, "we'll most likely never see each other again. It's more than likely Madara will come after me to tie up loose ends."
Naruto nodded, "Nagato wasn't kidding, from what he showed saw he's impossibly strong. I wish I could help you, but I don't think the two of us could beat him alone."
Konan shook her head, "Don't worry about me. Bring this knowledge back to your friends, prepare yourselves, and kick his ass."
Naruto smirked, "Count on it."
Naruto turned around to go find his wife, it was a good day, but the fight was far from over.