Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Chapter 16 already, man this going fast. As most of you guessed it's time for a meeting with Sasuke. We're finally gonna find out what he's been doing while he's been undercover. As always thanks for reading and please review.
N

aruto walked to the Hokages office with a little smile on his face. He'd had a long month and he was eager for some relaxation. However when he walked into Tsunade's office he could see that wasn't gonna happen.
Sakura looked around, almost in a panic, "you're sure that's what the scroll said?"
Tsunade rubbed her temples, "yes, according to Sasori's scroll he was meeting a spy he had in Orochimaru's originization three days from now."
Sakura slammed her hand on the desk nearly breaking it, "we're gonna go there aren't we?"
Tsunade nodded, "of course, you and a few others with you."
Sakura turned to around to see Naruto standing behind her, "oh this is perfect, you're gonna go with me aren't you?"
"Um, yeah, of course I will," Naruto said dumbly.
Sakura hugged him, and ran out of the room to prepare. Naruto turned to Tsunade, "so what are you gonna do?"
Tsunade pulled a scroll out of her desk, "his last report told said that Orochimaru intend on taking his body soon. It might be for the best if we pulled him out now."
"How is he getting those reports without being caught anyway?" Naruto asked.
"He leaves them various ninja we have posing as local villagers when he and the rest of Orochimaru's men move." Tsunade shrugged.
Naruto sat down and thought for a second, "maybe we should keep him in and wait for him to tell us when Orochimaru's about to switch, then we could storm his hideout and kill him while he's weak. I gotta admit though, I don't like the idea of risking it."
Tsunade tapped her hands in thought, "I know he's gonna put the two of you in genjutsu when he sees you. He's actually been asking in his reports if we could arrange a meeting between you two. When you see him tell him his options and ask him what he thinks is best, he's the one taking the risk after all."
Naruto nodded, "you mind if head to the hotel and get my thoughts straight, I can give my report later?"
Tsunade nodded and Naruto headed out, he had a lot on his mind.
Naruto stared at the ceiling of his room, just wondering what he was suppose to do, suppose to say. What if Sasuke chose to stay undercover so they could kill Orochimaru? Should he tell Sakura what's really going on? What if Orochimaru got Sasuke's body. So many questions and he only had one answer... how the hell should he know!
It had been so long since he saw his friend, what the hell would he even say? 'Hey buddy, hope the pedofile snake hasn't been rapping you the past 3 years.' Oh yeah, that'd be a good opening line.
Don't be mistaken, Naruto was happy to see his friend again, but he still couldn't help but feel like maybe he'd been wrong to let Sasuke go. No, it was something he needed to do, Naruto knew that. He had gotten so much information at one time, Sasuke just needed time to clear his head, time away from the Leaf.
Naruto sighed and turned off his light. Maybe he would find some peace in sleep.
Naruto repeated everything he had thought through the night, she leaned back in her chair frowned slightly, "I don't know if we should tell Sakura or not, I just don't think she'll have a good reaction to all this. I doubt she would keep cover when facing him as well, she just doesn't do well with fighting while she's emotional, it's why I haven't made her jonin yet."
Naruto shook his head, "She has a right to know, I think she'll handle it just fine. If anything she'll try even harder because she want's to keep Sasuke safe, there's no way she would blow his cover if she thought it would hurt him."
Tsunade thought about it for a second, "maybe, but you don't think she'll be anger he told you and didn't tell her?"
Naruto scratched his chin, "To be honest I don't why he only told me and you, well I understand him telling you, I just don't get why he told me."
Tsunade looked surprise, "Naruto, Sasuke trusted you more than anyone. In fact I think you may have been the only one he trusted. You were the one person who was able to real understand what he was feeling, he felt he owed it to you to tell you the truth. There's no way he could have even entertained the thought of you hating him."
Naruto got a small smile on his face, "Maybe, but that isn't really the point, the point is I think Sakura can handle it, you've been training her, you've seen how much she's grown."
Tsunade sighed, "I guess you're right, I need to have a little more faith in my student," she opened the door to yell out to Shizune, "can you get Sakura in here please, we need to have talk with her."
It took about half an hour to explain everything to Sakura, after which she simply sat there dumbfounded, "he's undercover," Tsunade nodded, "and he only told you so he could bring back info," she nodded again, "and he told Naruto because he felt he was the only one he could truly trust," Tsunade nodded as she finished.
"I know you might be mad," Naruto began.
Sakura cut him off, "I know why he trusted you Naruto-kun, he consider you his only friend. I also know why he didn't trust me, when he left I was just some little fangirl who had no idea who he really was. I don't feel the same way about him that I used to Naruto-kun, I've got Lee-kun now, I'm not in love with him any more, he's just a comrade I want to she return to the Leaf."
Naruto and Tsunade were very impressed, this definitely wasn't the fan girl that they knew 3 years ago. Naruto smiled at his old friend, things were changing alright, mostly for the better.
Mei sat down in her chair thinking of her husband and of names for their future children. She had just gotten word from a messenger bird that Naruto was on a mission to go after Sasuke. Of course her husband had told her the truth about Sasuke years ago, he just her completely. Not to mention she was allied with the Leaf, it only made sense she would know about a spy they had in Orochimaru's operations.
"Maybe Kushina, after Naruto's mother," Mei said to herself. She shook her head, "no we're trying to avoid people knowing about Naruto's parent's, not draw attention to it." She really wanted to honor Uzumaki's in some way, they were a forgotten clan even though they had been one of the founder's of the ninja world. She thought more about the other members of the Uzumaki clan, she remember that the First Hokage had married an Uzumaki. Yes that was right, Mito Uzumaki, the one who had brought the Whirlpool and the Leaf together. Mito Uzumaki, she liked that name, she liked it a lot.
She leaned out the door to talk to her assistant, "what do you think of Mito for the girl?"
Her assailant thought for a second then nodded, "yeah, I like it, Mito Uzumaki. Has a nice ring to it."
Mei smiled and went back into her office, Mito Uzumaki, she couldn't wait to tell Naruto. She sent a messenger bird out right away. It would most likely reach him just before he left. Mei wa quite eager to her his response.
_
Naruto stood in the Hokage's office next to Tsunade and Sakura thinking about the mission when his thoughts were broken by a bird taping on the window. He opened the window and took the note the bird was carrying and read it out loud, "Mito Uzumaki for a girl, yes or no? It does sound nice."
Tsunade spoke up, "that was my grandmother's name, she was the First's wife."
Sakura smiled, "It's perfect, you can name her after an Uzumaki just like you guys wanted to."
Tsunade nodded with her own smile, "I have to agree with Sakura."
Naruto was grinning ear to ear and got out a piece of paper, he wrote on it, 'I love it, it's the perfect name for our daughter.'
He sent the bird out and kept smiling, he just needed a name for his son now. That still sounded kinda strange to him, his son. He didn't have to keep thinking about it though, he had a mission to start, and it was time to go see his new time.
Naruto and Sakura went to the gate to meet their new teammates, they saw a middle aged man dressed in basic ninja cloths with brown, and a pale boy with black hair. They weren't much to look at, but in the ninja world that meant nothing.
Naruto walked up to greet them, "I'm Naruto Uzumaki, the leader of this mission, and this is Sakura our medic-nin, it's nice to meet you two. Would you mind telling me your levels and skills before we head out?"
The middle aged man spoke first, "I'm known as Yamato, and I specialize in wood based jutsu, thanks to experiment's I underwent because of Orochimaru. I'm not nearly as good as the First Hokage, but I am a jonin. I'm considered one of the strongest jonin in village, along with Kakashi, Gai, and Asuma."
Naruto nodded, "sounds good, what about you?" He asked pointing at the other one.
The pail one looked up from something he was painting, "I am known as Sai, I specialize in Ink based jutsu. I'm about jonin level, although I'm not very good with social interaction, I tend to give people nicknames to make them easier to remember." He looked at Yamato, "Friendly Forest," then to Sakura, "Cherry Blossom," then finally at Naruto, "Maelstrom."
Naruto chuckled, "a little obvious, but I supposed that's the point. I think I've been give a pretty good team for this mission. Do you all have what you need," everyone nodded, "good then lets head out."
Sasuke sat in his room thinking to himself about how he would see Naruto tomorrow. He had learned a lot in the last three years, he's was easily elite jonin level, likely higher, and had managed to get a good amount of information on Orochimaru back to Leaf. Even more he learned a lot about himself, and who he really was. He was eager to see his friend again, he had wanted to see him for a while now, the two of them had a lot to discuss.