Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

Start from the beginning

"Anna! Queenie's losing it again."

The petite girl gazed down at Dougal and smiled gently, "Thank you. I'll be right back."

Ascending the pegs of the ladder, Anna questioned her sister above her, "What is she doing this time?"

"She's talking nonsense - I'm starting to get the feeling that she's going to kidnap him now and force him to remember."

Anna met her gaze and pursed her lips, "I'm not surprised. After she tried to give the Occamy shells to him in person last week, I figured she was escalating in her plots." She folded her arms and sighed towards the ground, "Where is she now?"

Tina led the way into the kitchen, scoffing, "She just apparated to see Poppy at the clinic, trying to find a way to get Jacobs memory back I suppose."

"She was telling me about that," Anna revealed, waving her wand at the biscuit tin, "Saying that Queenie's been visiting and asking about Obliviatory properties."

Tina leaned into the counter with her head in her hands, "I don't want to seem ungrateful, because I am - Grindelwald's in custody and the No-Maj have no idea what's happened... but this doesn't feel like the happy ending I was hoping for."

Anna couldn't have agreed more.

"Well, Madam Picquery got you back into the Auror way and Abasi's asked me to help him find another healer to hire... and we've saved all of Newt's creatures. There's still many things we don't have to be sorry for."

Tina gave a small acknowledging smile before reaching into the metal tin before her, taking one of the last remnants of Jacob's baking.

"Anna, you know Newt's going to have to leave."

"Of course I do," she spoke louder, "But it seems like the only person in denial of that is Newt himself! He doesn't talk about it, but I know Theseus has been worried about him – he is his brother after all."

Tina straightened out and turned to face her, "I still can't believe you didn't know he had a brother."

"Newt's private about his personal life – I still don't know a whole lot about him," her words seemed to take a toll on her posture, "It's sad to think I had to ask Madam Picquery to find out about him; that Theseus works at the British Ministry."

Tina watched her saddened sister and flitted her eyes to the abandoned mannequin standing in the living room. It adorned the beginnings of a beautiful pale pink gown Queenie had been working on weeks before. Now it stood untouched but glittering in the faint electric light.

"Hearts are being broken all around."

Anna couldn't help but give a feeble laugh, "Well, now you don't have to worry about being the oldest and seeing both your younger sisters marry before you."

"That's not going to make it better," she had a pained look about her face, "It seems to me that both my sisters have found the loves of their lives but can't have them. How cruel is that?"

They shared a hard gaze as Anna put down her uneaten cookie, clearing her throat.

"It's very cruel," came a quiet voice from the hall.

Newt had returned with wet hair and a fresh pair of clothes; he stared craters into the wooden floorboards, complete and utter sorrow in his tone.

"You didn't dry your hair," Anna muttered, "It's going to be unruly in a few hours."

"I didn't feel like casting any charms," he mumbled back, "I - I've made the decision to go back to England."

Tina shrunk from view, obviously sensing the immense tension plaguing them.