For Radiant Eyes

Anna sat in her usual armchair by the fireplace, reading a book, as Queenie used her wand to magic a dress to float in the air. She was making a few altercations to it, adding much more pink fabric than there was before.

"Sounds like you had fun yesterday," Queenie remarked, twirling her wand.

Anna looked up from her book, a little annoyed that she was interrupted, "Yeah, loads. The most fun I've had in a long time."

Queenie smiled and pointed her wand to a measuring tape, "Oh – you went out dancing?"

Anna let out an unexpected giggle and from the hallway came Newt, silently advancing the two sisters.

"I bet you showed him up on the dance floor," Queenie laughed. Anna joined in, nodding as she did so. Newt looked towards the ground, his hair lying messily across his forehead.

"D-Do you like to dance, Anna?" He questioned, clutching his hands at his sides.

Anna turned towards him, immediately thinking back to the restaurant where she told him she didn't mind not dancing. She nodded her head, but didn't exaggerate, "Sometimes."

Queenie gasped with a grin, "Oh, please. Anna here is the best dancer I've ever seen. I'm just surprised Soren was up for taking her out, I doubt he was able to keep up with your steps!"

Anna smiled shyly, "I'm not that good, but yes I do enjoy it."

Newt slowly nodded his head and allowed some of the awkward silence to fill the space before saying, "Can I show you something?"

Anna turned to him, meeting his gaze, suddenly remembering that he asked her the same thing the day before, "Sure."

He then reached out his hand waiting for her to take it; he tilted his head away shyly and she could see him shaking slightly.

She then surprised herself by taking it without question.

Queenie had a slightly shocked and intrigued look on her face as she moved her eyes from Newt to Anna rather quickly. But she didn't say anything as they left her without uttering a word.

Newt immediately gripped Anna's hand a bit tighter than she expected and led her down the hallway to his room. His hands were strong and muscular, but also calloused along his palm.

"Your hands really are very cold, Anna."

She giggled, "I can't figure out any way to warm them up." Except right in that moment a warmth was filling her fingers and spreading up her arm and into her chest.

Once they went into the bedroom, Newt let go of Anna's hand and shut the door behind him. Anna felt a nervous tick erupt as she eyed him with a puzzled gaze.

"What are you doing?"

He didn't look at her, but gestured to his case that was lying a few feet away from them. He moved towards it and opened the lid, letting it fling wide with a clang of the clasps.

Newt then proceeded to step inside of it and climb down. After being about waist deep inside, he looked up and smiled at Anna's shocked face.

"Coming?" he asked.

After he completely disappeared, Anna looked around the room before taking a deep breath and walking over to the case.

She took a small step inside and felt her foot hit something hard and flat. Taking another step, she discovered it was a type of ladder. Slowly making her way down, she heard the lid of the case shut above her after she was out of range.

Then, letting out a slight gasp, she felt two strong hands lightly hold onto her waist as she neared the bottom.

At the last step Newt kindly lifted her and set her down on the wood boards of his shed. She turned and straightened out her dress as he snapped his hands back to his sides. He then watched her features as she gazed around the small room.