56: Down to the Wire

A/N:

Yay, two chapters in one day!

I'm doing this because I won't be able to update again until the end of the week. 

We're getting very close to the end!

Thanks for the support as always,

-Tera

-----------------

The entire weekend, Grace couldn't enjoy the family's skiing trip since she was too busy wanting to see Cal. The anticipation of their meeting on Tuesday was constantly on her mind, and her father kept giving her weird glances when she'd zone out at the resort.

She liked skiing and she loved spending time with her dad and brothers, but she couldn't help but be happy when the trip was over and they returned home that Monday.

She went to bed early to get to tomorrow faster, but it proved fruitless since she couldn't fall asleep for several hours. Her heart was pounding for most of the night, and she kept remembering her make out sessions with Cal. Although it was an especially cold night, Grace couldn't sleep under the blankets since her body was on fire.

She thought about Cal's excitement on Friday when they met in the park, and surely when they met tomorrow the excitement would spring up again. They'd be alone in Grace's house after all...for several hours.

Grace kept switching between anxiety, curiosity, and desire. She debated whether she'd actually want to go through with having sex with Cal so soon. How did two girls even do it? Surely the internet could help.

Laying on her side, she searched around Google for explanations, but what she witnessed didn't calm her nerves at all. Sure, she was better informed, but the thought of actually doing those things with Cal...

She was too embarrassed to imagine it, but her mind kept wandering anyway.

But, alas, the worrying eventually tired her out and she fell asleep some time past midnight.

--

Grace awoke earlier than she probably needed to, but she had been asked by her father to go grocery shopping. She'd also thought it'd be a good idea to get some ingredients for a meal she could cook with Cal for lunch. The last time they did it turned out to be pretty fun, though Grace wouldn't have admitted it back then.

Once she spent an absurdly long time getting ready, making sure every part of her appearance was in a flawless state, she headed out to the store. She used her father's car that he left for her to take to get groceries – she'd dropped him off at work that morning herself.

Keeping busy and out of the house prevented her from mulling over her thoughts from last night, but images still flashed in her head periodically. She'd have to stop, lean over the grocery cart, and hide her reddening face in her hand, earning some odd looks from passerbys.

Keep it together, Grace, she coached herself. You don't have to rush into anything today anyway. Just go with the flow.

Once her cart was full of the necessities and ingredients for an easy lunch dish, she checked out and headed home.

The shopping trip must've took a little longer than expected because when Grace glanced at the time she realized she only had less than a half an hour before Cal would be over.

She didn't waste any time heading home, still needing to put the groceries away before her guest arrived.

Her nerves skyrocketed now that she'd be seeing her girlfriend in less than an hour. Girlfriend...the familiar yet distant term kicked up butterflies in Grace's stomach. Although they'd been broken up for longer than they were together, they fell back into their old relationship so easily. Grace had never felt this way about anyone before, so she wanted to do her best not to jeopardize what they were able to rekindle.