Prologue

Hyunjin was cold, in both manners of speaking. He was freezing his ass off but when Jisung, his classmate and enemy, offered him a blanket he had in more words told the younger to fuck off. He didn't know why but Jisung's face just pissed him off, maybe it was the other's confidence.

Yeah Hyunjin was often complimented, but he never truly believed the people who said it. Most were looking to get in his pants or trying to convince him to do all the work in group projects.

If you were to ask Hyunjin why he was outside with his enemy watching the stars he would've found it difficult to explain. He just knew that his roommate had shoved him outside because his roommate invited a girl over last minute.

Hyunjin stood outside and angrily banged on the door, begging to be allowed in to get a coat or his phone which he'd left charging, but to no avail. Hyunjin sank to the floor sitting cross legged and waited for it to open, suddenly thankful for his grey jumper that kept him somewhat warm. After god knows how long, Jisung (his neighbour in the dorms) appeared with two lawn chairs and two thick blankets. Hyunjin watched as the other laid across the two chairs, burying himself in the blankets.

They lived outside this disgusting field, the grass was completely trampled by kids playing football on the weekends, or dogs digging into the mud to try and bury things. Calling it a field was an overstatement, it was just mud with a bit of grass.

Hyunjin stared at the other, trying to cover his jealous gaze with a small smile when the younger squirrel-like boy turned to face him with a confused expression.

"Hyunjin? Why the hell are you sitting outside your door?" He asked as he tilted his head. Hyunjin sighed and stood up, brushing invisible dirt off his skinny jeans as he approached his classmate.

"I could ask you something along those lines too, why are you out here trying to sleep on two lawn chairs? Did your roommate kick you out too?" He playfully asked and the other looked back from Hyunjin to the door and back to Hyunjin.

"Your roommate kicked you out without your phone? That explains the racket. Also I'm not trying to sleep, I'm looking at the stars." He explained, quickly standing up and offering the extra chair to the older of the two.

"Really I shouldn't..." Hyunjin mumbled, faking modesty when inside he was screaming to just take the bloody offer.

"Don't be silly, sitting on your porch is just sad." Jisung smirked as one of Hyunjin's eyes twitched. That comment was just a reminder that they were still enemies even if on this rare occasion Jisung was being somewhat nice. Hyunjin took the offer with a scowl.

"You're an asshole you know that, right?" Hyunjin asked as Jisung lazily smiled, relaxing into his chair and tilting his head up to look at the sky, Hyunjin would never admit how cute the sight of Jisung wearing his rose gold circle glasses as the stars reflected in the lense was, because it wasn't.

"Yeah I do, but at least I make an effort to be kind to people I know don't like me." He pointed out, not looking at the other as he spoke. Hyunjin felt a shiver run down his spine as a particularly cold breeze ran by and tousled his hair.

"You want a blanket?" Jisung asked, turning to face the other, "I mean I've got two so you may as well-"

"No seriously don't. Just watch the stars, I've got my jumper, don't fuss."

Hyunjin watched Jisung redirect his attention up to the sky, this time Hyunjin decided to look up. Just as he did so a shooting star sprinted across the sky, in Hyunjin's head he imagined the star was chasing after the wind.

"I wish that a bunch of dumbasses will come and torment our dear old friend Hyunjin here." Jisung jokingly muttered to himself, allowing his voice to be heard by the other who was practically drowning in his jumper.

"Oi! Then... I hope the dumbasses will torment Jisung with me. Come on shooting star don't let me down!" He begged, falling onto his knees and pretending to cry and pray to 'the holy shooting star!'

"You're actually high!" Jisung snorted out, lightly shoving Hyunjin's shoulder. At that, Hyunjin fell over and lost balance. He let out a small yelp, falling into the mud and letting out a small groan as he realised his clothes were ruined and would need to be washed.

"Damn I was going to wear this to the house party next week," Hyunjin whined as he mournfully stood up, "now I'll actually have to make an effort to find something else to wear..."

Jisung's face lit up at the mention of the party, "Oh my god! I'm going to that party as well!" He excitedly added, "If I don't see you I'm definitely telling everyone that I ruined your outfit so you chickened out."

"You wouldn't." Hyunjin stated, watching as Jisung smirked.

"Wouldn't I?"

Yes, Hyunjin hated Jisung.