Rehabilitation Training

Edited: July 29, 2021

***

A peaceful morning. The sun is shining through the soft white clouds and birds chipping as if waking up mother nature. There's probably no one to ruin such a beautiful day...right? At least that's what you thought.

"No!" Yelled by the one and only, Zenitsu. "I can't possibly take any more!" He whines as he trembles on his bed.

The pigtail girl, as you learned her name, Aoi Kanzaki, scolds Zenitsu saying that he has to take the medicine no matter what. This causes Zenitsu to comply even if he doesn't want to, as he looks inside the cup and teared up.

"Zenitsu-kun, I know that medicine tastes bad but we still have to drink it because it will help us recover. Don't worry, we can do it!" You cheer him up by attempting to drink your medicine but honestly, you were just as disgusted at the taste of it as Zenitsu.

You stared at it for a moment, gulping down a lump in your throat before internally yelling YOLO and downed all of the liquid medicine that was in your cup.

He turns his head to you with still tearful eyes, "(Y/n)-chan..." Fountains of tears flow down his eyes, as he was incredibly and deeply moved by your actions. "AaaAaHhhHh! I HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO DRINK THIS DISGUSTING MEDICINE!" He yells before holding his breath, clenching his eyes close and downing the medicine. His head wobbles around before collapsing on the bed.

"Zenitsu-kun!" You worriedly call his name.

"Geez! He didn't even finish his cup!" Huffed by Aoi.

"You guys seem to be doing well!" You heard a familiar voice from the doorway. Turning your head you spotted a friend.

"Murata-san!" You and Tanjiro said at the same time.

Murata sat on a chair beside Tanjiro's bed. Tanjiro asked if he was all right. Murata answered, "Well, I came close to getting melting away, but I made it somehow. But I hear you guys got banged up."

Tanjiro agrees, "It looks like it's going to take some time to heal."

Murata turns his attention to Inosuke, who was quietly lying on the bed. "And Wild Boar Kid, in your case, was it the throat?" When Inosuke didn't reply, this confuses him, and asks Tanjiro what's the matter with him.

"He went through a lot... If you could please let him be..."

"But for this guys to be so listless—" Murata couldn't finish as Zenitsu, woke up and saw Murata.

"Tanjiro! Who is that person?"

"He's Murata. He fought with us on Mt. Natagumo."

"I'm Murata! Nice to meet you!" He introduced himself before noticing Zenitsu's small arms. Zenitsu explained to him that he almost got turned into a spider and his arms are still short.

Aoi, came out of nowhere, holding his cup of medicine. "And that's why you need to finish this!"

Zenitsu shivers before complaining to her that it was too gross. But she immediately shuts him down, saying, "Don't come crying to me, if your arms don't grow back to normal!"

"So cold! That's such a cold thing to say!"

"You don't know how good you have it. I mean if you drink this medicine and get a lot of sunlight, there'll be no lasting effect!"

Zenitsu couldn't take it anymore and jump out of his bed before hiding behind you. He peeks his head over your shoulder, exclaiming, "Gross is gross! There's no two ways about it!"