<40>

<><>

Jeno lays sprawled out on his bed, unable to sleep. It was almost 3 in the morning and he wasn't able to relax at all. His mind was too loud, his thoughts too rampant, his emotions too crazy. He didn't know what to do anymore. The person he loved most was unconscious in a hospital bed 3 miles away. And Jeno didn't know what to do about it. He was lost. He knows the doctors said Jaemin would wake up...but when? Jeno can't help but be scared, both for Jaemin and himself. What would he do if Jaemin didn't wake up? If Jaemin never woke up? Would Jeno be able to live on without the smiley, honey-haired beauty by his side? Of course, the logical side of Jeno's brain knew he could, for he had done it all his life. But his heart was saying no, that he couldn't live without Jaemin. And honestly, Jeno wasn't sure which to listen to.

Sighing and settling on the fact that he wouldn't be able to sleep, Jeno stands and leaves his bedroom. He passes Mark's room where he can faintly hear Donghyuk crying. It's not surprising, his best friend is in the hospital. And it's the second time that Donghyuk has had to deal with the pain. At least he has his soulmate to be there with him. Jeno shakes his head, clearing it of his deafening thoughts. He grabs his jacket from the hall closet. He ties his shoes and quickly makes his way  out of the house, not forgetting to lock the door behind him. Jeno needed a break, just a few hours to calm himself down and sort some things out in his head.

He begins making his way to a friend's house. Wong Yukhei has been there for Jeno when no one else has. A friend that helped Jeno when he was confused about Jaemin. A friend that helped Jeno when his mom and home life was stressing him out. Unfortunately, when Yukhei left for college, Jeno saw him less and less. Only getting chances when he really needed help. And tonight, Jeno really needs help.

He hurries towards his friend's apartment, texting the older boy that he was coming over. He knocks twice and the door soon opens, revealing a tall man wearing spectacles, a large, white T-shirt, and sweatpants.

"Jeno? What's wrong?" And all it took was that simple question to make the teenager break down into tears. Surprised, Yukhei hurries Jeno into the apartment and wraps him in a hug. "Oh my god, Jeno what happened? What's wrong?" He brings the boy to the couch and sits him down. "Do you want anything to drink?" To which Jeno shakes his head and begins to calm down. "Tell me what happened Jeno..." Yukhei says, rubbing the boy's back.

After sniffling a couple more times, Jeno takes a big breath. "You....You remember Jaemin?"

"Your soulmate?"

Jeno nods. "Yeah, him. He's...He's in the hospital right now. He got really injured. I'm not sure on the details but," Jeno takes a tissue that Yukhei offered him and dabs at his tears. "But, he has a concussion, a broken arm, and a pulled tendon. The break on his arm was so bad that they had to do surgery. He's still unconscious right now, and the doctors said he would wake up in a few days to a couple weeks. He's going to be ok, but....I'm still so scared hyung. What if he doesn't wake up? What if he really dies?" He looks up to the boy beside him, tears silently falling and eyes bloodshot.

Yukhei sighs and brings Jeno into a tight hug. "Everything will be ok. I understand how painful this is for you, but you have to remember that he will be ok. Believe in Jaemin and the doctors. The next few weeks will be hard, I'm sure; just remember to trust in them, alright? I know it's scary and things are uncertain right now, but as long as you believe that he'll survive, then that's what matters. alright? Do you trust me?" Yukhei puts his hand on Jeno's shoulder, making the boy face him.

Jeno nods. "I trust you."

Yukhei smiles. "Good, I'm glad. Now," He stands. "How about you and me go out and get a midnight snack."

"That'd be nice." Jeno says, standing as well.

"Then let's get outta here!"

<><>

Jisung sighs and tightly holds Jaemin's hand. He had stayed at the hospital, and in all honesty, he didn't have any plans of leaving. He couldn't have Jaemin wake up to find no one in the room with him, that would terrify the honey-haired boy. He was already injured and hospitalized, this was the least that Jisung could do.

With tears stinging his eyes, Jisung smiles weakly at the sleeping boy before him. "You'll be ok hyung...I know you will." He squeezes Jaemin's hand, part of him hoping Jaemin would squeeze it back. But it never came. The boy was too deep under. Jisung just hoped that Jaemin would hear them and wake up. That's all he wanted. Jisung just wanted his brother back. It didn't matter now, as long as he could talk and laugh with Jaemin again, that's what mattered to Jisung.

The 16-year-old puts his forehead against Jaemin's cold hand and cries silently into the bed sheets. "I just want my hyung back...please..."

<><>

Jeno enters his house an hour later, tired from crying. He slips off his shoes and hangs his jacket back up in the closet. He locks the front door and makes his way upstairs. He pauses outside Mark's room and sighs, the crying had stopped. Donghyuk was asleep. Jeno makes his way into his own room and crawls into bed.

Tired from crying, and from the emotional overload in the past 12 hours, Jeno succumbs to sleep.

<><>

<Heyo, here's chapter 40. GODDAMN YALL WE'RE AT 40 CHAPTERS THATS FRICKEN CRAZY sdpfgpriwgh wow y'all im so proud :')) lmao anyways, thank you for getting this book to 18k, that's fucking insane I can't even- just...wow....ok! I'll see you soon my Lovelies>