<4>

<><>

Weeks had gone by, and neither Jeno nor Jaemin were talking to each other. On the upside, Mark, Jeno, and Jisung had stopped going after Jaemin..but on the downside, everyone in school knew they were soulmates. Which might not seem as such a bad thing, but with girls and boys going after Jeno everyday...let's just say that Jaemin was unliked by the student body.

Walking through the halls, Jaemin and Chenle were talking about random nonsense, recent tests, new teachers, whether we could live on Mars or not...stuff like that. They enter the cafeteria and grab their food. The two boys head to a table, where another one of their friends was sitting.

Chenle and Jaemin had recently befriended Renjun, the Student Council Vice-President. He had walked up to them to discuss a meeting with the principle and Student Council President about Jaemin's soulmate plan. After that run-in, the three had gotten closer and became good friends.

"Injunnie, how was your meeting this morning?"

"Ugh it was fine, YangYang was going on a tangent about the lunch policies though." The eldest boy sighs picks at his food.

YangYang was the Student Council President, and a good friend of Renjun's. He was a kind soul with a determined plan. He was very well-liked by the school, and that's been proven seeing as he's been the president for 2 years.

Renjun points his fork at Jaemin and stares him down. "So, the meeting. When do you want to do it?"

"Never. I really don't want to deal with Jeno more than I have to." Jaemin rolls his eyes.

"It's policy Jaemin, I'm sorry but you don't have much of a choice."

"Alright then what choice do I have?" Jaemin sighs, eating his food.

"What day within the next two weeks you want to hold the meeting."

<><>

And that's how Jaemin found himself sitting in the principal's office during 4th period on aTuesday; Jeno in the chair next to him, YangYang standing behind him, the principal going on about how wonderful it is to find a soulmate earlier on, rather than later.

"So you're birthday was fairly soon, wasn't it?"

"Yeah, just last month. The 13th."

"Well, this is late, but happy birthday Mr. Na."

"Thank you." Jaemin smiles and bows his head as a thanks.

Jeno scoffs and mutters a quiet "teacher's pet." Jaemin turns and glares at him.

"Alright, now onto the real deal. I'll let YangYang explain." The man waves his hand to the boy behind Jaemin. YangYang moves to stand in front of the two soulmates and smiles.

"Well, this meeting isn't like a wedding plan, do not worry. We just wanted to tell you all the precautions that the school takes when a new pairing is made...or, well, found I should say." He chuckles nervously. "It's nothing crazy, but it is still necessary as a way for you two to grow as people and as a couple." YangYang turns back to the principal, who's holding out a folder. YangYang takes it and opens it up to the boys in front of him. "So, as you may have already noticed, whenever a new couple is found, we, the school, announces it at the weekly assembly."

Jaemin gulps and Jeno groans...weekly assembly was tomorrow.

"I know it's been a while since you two got marked, but we had to triple check to make sure you two were each other's soulmates. Now that it's been confirmed, we can make the announcement. Don't worry, you won't need to come up and make a big thing...Yeji will just make a quick announcement, probably something like 'the most recent soulmates have been marked. Na Jaemin and Lee Jeno'. Or something along those lines."

Jaemin can see Jeno roll his eyes in his peripheral vision. He sighs and shakes his head.

"That's not a big deal, and it won't mean a lot. What is a big deal though, is how your academic schedules will change." YangYang pulls two papers out his folder and hands one to each of the boys. "These here are your current day-to-day schedules, if you couldn't already tell. You share 3 classes together, Political History, Physics, and Health. I would say you also take Home Ec. Together, but all seniors take that class as a whole grade, so it doesn't really count."

Jaemin hums, remembering why they even had Home Ec. It was for seniors to learn about adulting things. Like taxes, student loans, occupations, buying a home, and other things.

"What the school does for every soulmate pairing, though, is change these schedules. We really want you two to bond and become the pair you were literally 'destined' to be."

What the fuck? Jeno and Jaemin look at YangYang wide eyed. Jeno groans and slumps down in his chair. Jaemin rakes his hand through his hair and looks up to the ceiling.

"I want a new soulmate." Jeno grumbles into his hands.

Jaemin laughs coldly. "Don't worry, the feeling is mutual."

YangYang sighs but continues on when the Principal motions him to. "Well, I'm sorry to say but you two are meant to be. Even if it doesn't seem like it now, it'll happen. But right now, we need to start that journey, and making your schedules the same is a way to do that. Now," YangYang takes out two more pieces of paper and once again, hands them to the boys. "This is your new schedule. I want you to look through it and double check that these are all the classes you take. We didn't change your core classes, or the ones you are required to get for graduation credit; what we did do though, is line them up in a way that placed you two together every period. You also have the same frees and study halls."

"Oh my god."

"This is bullshit."

"Watch your mouth Mr. Lee." The principal warns. Jeno sighs and quietly apologizes.

"Right well, don't worry too much. You won't be seat partners or anything like that, but in cases of projects or buddy-ing up, the school has informed your teachers to pair you together."

Jaemin blinks is astonishment. All this, because we're supposed to like each other? He rubs his face tiredly.

YangYang continues speaking. "Alright, those are the biggest things for you two. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me or Mr. Jung here." YangYang directs his hand towards the principal. "I'll see you two later. Bye now." And with that, yangYang leaves. Mr. Jung dismisses the two boys, saying that they would start their new schedule next week. "And prepare for it over the weekend, try to memorize your classes. You can go now." Jeno and Jaemin leave the office.

"Na." Jaemin turns and stares Jeno dead in the eye.

"What?"

"Don't try and talk to me unless I talk to you first. I don't want anything to do with you." Jeno growls.

"Fine by me. I don't want anything to do with you either." Jaemin turns and walks towards the lunch room, 4th period is over now anyways.

<><>

<Sorry it took me so long to update, I was really busy the past few days. I hope you like this chapter...but uh yeah, now the story is finally getting somewhere. And oh my god I have such a good scene in my head, but i have to save it for now lmao ok byeee>