Girl Meets Philadelphia Part 1

Maya woke up to the sound of an old Dan + Shay song knowing it was time to get up.
She quickly went for a hot shower getting dressed as she made her way to the kitchen.
She made sure she had everything she needed for the holiday which shouldn't last longer than a week when she just grabbed her backpack.
She looked around the apartment grabbing the bus ticket as she went outside.

"Maya Hart?" the driver said as Maya gave him her ticket.
"Off you go," he said and she went to sit down at the back.

She looked at the bus who got more people as it became busier knowing she wasn't going tk be able to do a whole lot overnight.
She smiled as she pulled her jacket closer to her body as the bus started going.
Ready for a two hour trip and she didn't even know what was going to happen.

~

"Cory are you sure Ellaina is warm enough?" Topanga asked motioning to her nine month daughter.
"Yeah, she is. We gotta get going. Before we know it Maya will be at Philadelphia before us," Cory said.
"Then Uncle Josh can keep her company. Let's go," Riley said and they headed out of the door.

She quickly texted Maya to make sure what is going on.

R - You at the bus stop?

M - No, I'm about half an hour out of New York. See you at your grandparent's.

Riley exhaled as she climbed into the car just before her father drive off.

"Joshua, do you know how late your brother is getting here?" Alan asked.
"No, I don't. Hope everything is okay though. He said we should be alerted when a bus stops near the house," Josh said as they heard a hoot.

He and his father went outside to see a bus stopping across the street from their home as a young girl of fourteen climbed off.
She gave the two men a smile before she got her suitcase.

"My gosh. Maya Hart, what are you doing here? Thought Cory would give you a lift," Josh said.
"Your brother would have but my mother's plans changed very last minute so I grabbed a bus this morning. They will probably be here in an hour. They had to stop with Ellaina," Maya said giving Josh a hug.
"Luckily we knew you were coming. Welcome, Maya," Alan said as he greeted the young girl.
"Thank you, Mr Matthews," Maya said.
"Let's head inside," Josh said.