"My parents didn't let me do things like this. I was always studying or under supervision." She shrugged, smiling at the feel of fresh air running past her. He nods at her answer, peeling his eyes away from her. His mind thought back to the warm gush that bubbled within him. He wondered, "Why am I feeling this way? It's all so familiar yet so new."

• • •

"Adeul (son), can you pass me the pepper?" Yeonjun's mother asked.

The male nodded as his eyes zoomed around his family's hoard of spices. He was helping his mother cook after returning home from Lotte World. And just as he was giving the pepper to his mother, a ding entered the air. His phone lit up with a green icon, indicating he had gotten a message. His hand went forward to grab the phone, opening it with a swipe.

It was from Sujin.

jinnie

hey, yeonjun.
i was wondering if you available tomorrow.

If Yeonjun was being honest, his heart could've stopped in that moment. Instead, it raced loudly at the sight of this text. Was she going to... no, she wouldn't. He was misinterpreting things... right?

jinnie

i have to babysit my niece and nephew who
want to go to the park but i don't want to do it alone :)

In a sense, he was slightly disappointed. But then again, he didn't know what he was hoping for in the first place. Yeonjun was now just excited to spend some time alone with her. With a wide smile, he responded.

yeonjun

sure! see you tomorrow, jinnie-ah!

His mother nudged him with a smile. "Someone's happy." She teased, winking at him before returning to her cooking. Yeonjun couldn't resist smiling. His eyes glazed over his phone as he shook his head.

Back at the Rhee household, Sujin raised her brows when she saw Yeonjun's nickname for her. 'Jinnie-ah.' That one was new. Despite the slight confusion that sparked within her, a warm feeling overwhelmed her. She was contented with his nickname for her. That's all. The only reason she invited him was not only because she needed company, but she knew he wouldn't remember the children's faces when they grow up.

• • •

So here the two teenagers were. Babysitting two energetic children.

Yeonjun had spent quite a while, much to his surprise, watching Sujin chase after Jaeyeon. The small girl had a secret stomach of energy. At one point, he had even coaxed the girl to calm down so they could get ice cream.

Something Seojoon had found he enjoyed. The almost-two-year-old had his first lick of chocolate ice cream - nevertheless, he fell in love with it. Sujin turned around when she heard Yeonjun giggle. As pretty as that sound was, she wondered what he was laughing at.

"Oh boy." She murmured, stifling a laugh at Seojoon whose mouth was covered in ice cream despite finishing it minutes ago. Yeonjun was wiping the boy's face with his bib when an unpleasant smell wafted through the air. "Sujin, I'm taking this chocolate-lover to the bathroom." He watched her nod and laugh before leaving.

On their way to the bathroom, the two boys were stopped by an old lady. The lady smiled warmly at the sight of them, "Aww! You have an adorable child, son." She gushed, ruffling Seojoon's thin hair. Yeonjun gaped internally, a blush forming on his face. He bowed gently, thanking her awkwardly before making his way to the bathroom.

His face remained red while changing the giggling child. He didn't think he could get redder until he looked at his reflection while washing his hands. The sudden glimpse he had the future he wanted - one where Sujin and he were together and their own children.

Yeonjun shook his head, "I can't believe I just went there." He groaned, unable to control the smile on his face.

The duo returned to the spot Sujin's niece and nephew were getting babysat. He frowned when he couldn't see them. Of course, it didn't last long. The frown turned upside down when he saw Sujin at a stall, getting Jaeyeon some fishcake.

Yeonjun walked over to them, holding Seojoon in one arm. He used his free arm to tap Sujin shoulder. The female turned around with a smile, startled when she met his face. Well, it was more of the proximity that daunted both of them. It was for a brief moment, where Yeonjun wished their lips would meet. He too, a step back, letting out a rushed breath. "S-Should we take a... uh— a walk before taking them to dinner?" His voice was weak and soft as his words were all over the place.

Sujin shook her head slightly, humming in response. "Hmm? Y-yeah. Burn off that sugar rush." She smiled gently, before speeding in front of him.

"Yah! Sujin! Wait up! Seojoon is so heavy. What do you feed him?!"

"Are you fat-shaming my nephew? Well, I'll be damned... but nah, he's a foodie like his father."