~8~ Nightmares (PRELUDE)

➢𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗨𝗠𝗔➢

➢𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗨𝗠𝗔➢

『 It's my party, and I'll cry if I want to
Cry if I want to
Cry if I want to
You would cry too if it happened to you
―𝘓𝘦𝘴𝘭𝘦𝘺 𝘎𝘰𝘳𝘦, 𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘔𝘺 𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘺

⟶𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 8: 𝑵𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒔 (𝑷𝑹𝑬𝑳𝑼𝑫𝑬)⟵

-𝙹𝙰𝙽𝚄𝙰𝚁𝚈 𝟾𝚃𝙷, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟺-

𝚆𝙰𝚂𝙷𝙸𝙽𝙶𝚃𝙾𝙽 𝙳.𝙲.

A little girl is dragged through a  dimly-lit hallway by two scientists.

Her eyes squeeze shut as needles jab sharply at her sides, feeling the intense and illegal chemicals go through her body.

Everything moves 10x faster in Dani Rockland's mind than when it actually happened in 2009.

The beatings, the testing, the day the ForceField was implanted inside herall the traumatizing and god-awful moments blow through her head, one by one her having to relive them, and it's utter torture.

She finds herself in between her captors, while many S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents have their guns aimed at the Rocklands.

This was the part she remembers the most clearly, simply because it was when she watched Joseph get shot in the head. His cold, lifeless body falls to the floor.

The man's dead eyes stare up at the little girl unintentionally, and she gasps in horror, raising her hands up to her mouth.

Suddenly Dani is thrown into a wall, and the face of Deborah Rockland is in her limelight.

The mother sneers at her daughter, providing one of her most classic evil smiles that the girl has seen in every single one of her night terrors. Relentless.

From there the woman clasps her hands around the child's throat, resulting in an immense struggle to breathe―alarming Dani immediately.

She feels an intense rush of fear course through her, restlessness right to the surface, and no matter how many times she commands herself to fight back, in these alternate realities experienced―Dani never did. It was almost inevitable.