Chapter 17

Harley's POV

River climbed out of his old Impala, and lifted up the hood, securing it with the kick stand thing.
"Need any help?" I asked, stepping out of the car.
"Um... well you could flag somebody down, so they could jump the battery."
"Sure, do you have the cables?"
"Yup, just need another battery." our conversation felt strangely normal. I thought to myself: Might as well marry him now, and save myself the trouble.

I eventually flagged down a nice old man with an older truck. He help us with our battery, and soon enough all our troubles were gone, for now at least. River started up the car and drove it for awhile before turning on the heater. I didn't understand why though, something about having to charge the battery before we used it again. But either way, we were warm now, and almost to my house.
"Hey, in the mood for fro-yo?" River smiled, glancing over at me.
"Yeah, actually." it had been a while since I had had anything sweet like that really. My mom doesn't believe in buying candy, or other stuff that's "not good for you".

When we finally arrived at the frozen yogurt joint, River quickly got out of the car, and ran around to open the door for me. I nodded at him in thanks, and walked into the "restaurant". We got our cups, filled it with yogurt, then hurried over to the toppings bar, smiles plastered on our faces, like little kids. This was the first time in a while that I had smiled at all, and now I couldn't stop smiling. We sat down at a table in the corner of the room and started eating.
"So, let's tell each other what we love about the other." I chirped.
"O-ok." River replied, hesitantly.
"Ok, I'll start. I love that every time I hang out with you, I can just forget everything else for a moment. Just sit back and enjoy the little things I have, like your smile." by now I was staring at the table, almost dazed, lost in my thoughts. He placed his hand on mine, kindly telling me to shut up.
"Well, I love that you hide from people you don't know, and the people that are lucky enough to be a part of your life, you are nothing but yourself around. And I love you. And I can't imagine not having you around to make me laugh and smile, and maybe even cry sometimes." he laughed. I just smiled in response. "I love that you laugh at my stupid jokes, jut to make me feel better. I love that when you smile your dimples come sneaking through your cheeks, and your eyes start to glisten. I love it when you smile. And I'm just glad that I can make that happen everyday." River said, looking at me with love glazed over his eyes. I, ironically, had the biggest smile on my face, as his voice seemed to woo me. I grabbed his hand, that had been placed on mine, stood up and pulled him into a hug. I felt his arms wrap around me and his chin rest on my head. I leaned back and looked at him, then quickly got on my tip-toes and kissed him on the cheek.
"Thank you." I whispered.
River looked at me and laughed. He leaned down and kissed me, as I slid my hand out from around him, and up to hi face, all while smiling within our kiss.
"I love you." he smiled.
"I love you too." I was still on my tip-toes, so I wrapped my arms up and around his shoulders. He held me in his arms and lifted me up, and further into his hug. I closed my eyes and wished this moment would never end.