Prologue

I'm not sure where I came from, or who my real parents are. I never fit in the world I live in. I've always been different, wether it be my view on life or my appearance, most people tended to keep a fair distance from me. But I don't mind, society tends to shun what they don't understand . My father is one of few people in my life who has accepted me for who I am, despite my differences.

How am I different from those around me, you ask? Well, here's the thing, the world I live in is mostly dominated my anthropomorphic animals, with society being divided into carnivores and herbivores, with the occasional omnivore. I fall into the omnivore category, only thing is, is that I'm not an animal. My species, from what I'm told, doesn't really exist anymore, and if they do then its a rare sight. 

I'm what's called a Human. A species similar to apes, except I don't have hair all over my body, just on my head. My father, Reo, is a black panther. When I was old enough, he told me that he had found me in a basket in the middle of a forest when he had gone hiking one day. He had no clue what I was or how I got there, but he took me in since he had no children of his own and that he knew I was special. 

I loved my father, despite not being blood-related to him. He treated equally, if not a little overprotective, and pushed me to be who I am. Now, when he said I was special, I didn't quite get it at first. It wasn't until I was 5 that I realized that I was even more different than everyone else. Ever since I was little, I loved to sing. Well, when I was 5, I discovered I have a pretty cool power. I had been sitting in the garden, relaxing, and I started humming a random song. I had felt something tickle my hand and when I looked down, a patch of flowers had grown under my hand.

Turns out, when I sing, nature responds to my voice. Unfortunately, this is my biggest secret and I have never told anyone about it, not even my father. Despite my oddities, I actually have a pretty good life. 

But, what I didn't know was, that my life was going to change soon and in a very unexpected way. 

My name is Mariposa and I am the first human to attend the most prestigious school in Japan, Cherryton Academy.