Chapter 2 - Working Together

"Kami!" yelled in frustration a small green haired teen as he ran to catch the bus to school.

Making a right turn down the street, he ran as fast as his short legs would let him, annoyed at not being able to use his quirk outside of school.

Finally reaching the bus stop and out of breath, Izuku pulled out some change and waited for the driver to open the doors.

"Morning!" he smiled brightly at the old driver.

"Good morning young man, off to school?" he got as an answer.

"Yes sir!" happily replied Izuku as he paid his fare and made his way to the middle of the bus.

Taking a seat, he began to ponder the previous night. He had been up way past his bedtime unable to stop thinking about his ex 'best friend'.

Over and over he would repeat what he held onto in his heart: "I thought we'd be together forever...we'd become heroes together..."

Clearly upset about the situation in which he was with the person that held a very special place in his heart, young Midoriya cried himself to sleep.

He'd been doing that a lot lately, and it was starting to take its toll on him, he had visible dark bags under his eyes, he had started paying less and less attention in class due to his tiredness.

Yes, Katsuki, his childhood best friend had changed drastically one day, and it hurt, like a bitch.

'I wish I knew what goes on in his head' he thought as the bus made a right turn. 'It'd be so much easier to communicate with him'.

Since Bakugo had presented his quirk, the kid had been bullying Izuku constantly, it had gotten quite extreme, up to the point that he had told him to practically kill himself, he could remember that day as if it were yesterday:

"Fucking nerd! You're never getting into U.A., only I can get into it. How can a quirkless shit even become a hero? Tch, don't make me laugh!" shouted Bakugo at the green haired boy making him wince after every word as if they were knifes digging into his soul.

"Quirkless and still useless!" spat one of Bakugo's groupies. "Why did you ever acquaint yourself with this piece of trash?"

"Stop wasting your time and our air you shit, how about you just jump out the window!" spat the blond, venom in every word.

Bakugo and his group left immediately after that, unaware of how much of an effect their words had on the young green haired teen, more specifically: his words.

'Why must you keep pushing me away Kacchan? What did I ever do to you? Are we no longer best friends, am I not worthy of being considered your friend anymore?' thought young Izuku.

'What if I actually did what Kacchan said...what if I just jump out, I'm sure he wouldn't miss me, so why don't I just do it? What's keeping me back?' he kept on thinking as he neared the window.

At this final thought though, he remembered a moment in their past: "Thanks Kacchan! I promise I will be there with you forever and I will help you and we will be the bestest heroes ever!"

That's right, he had made a promise, a promise he wanted so badly to keep, to fulfill. He never wanted to leave Kacchan's side.

No matter how badly the teen had treated him throughout the years, Izuku kept on striving to keep his promise, though quirkless at the time, he had no idea on how they would become heroes together.

Looking out the bus, he was pulled out of his thoughts when he noticed they were nearing his destination: U.A. High.

After having obtained his quirk One for All from All Might that one wonderous day, he strived even harder to keep his promise to Kacchan. Its just that lately he wasn't so sure it was what he wanted anymore; he was getting tired.

How We Came To Beजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें