A Sad Past and Kindnapping a Whitebeard Commander

Back with another story! This one is the longest I've ever written. I'm amazed at the word count. Disclaimers: Luffy is put through the wringer in this one, there are minor spoilers for the Wano Arc up to chapter 969. I have made the few spoilers in bold text, so do your best to skip those. It mostly has to do with Whitebeard's past and bounty. Nothing too serious. Also featuring: made up science! Well, science I sorta warped. I'm not gonna spoil anything about Luffy's supposed devil fruit since that's a mystery in the story. Tons of minor character deaths, mostly people no one likes. Graphic depictions of violence at the hands of Luffy. The story focuses on him more than his brothers, but they are main characters as well. Anyways, please enjoy and I hope you stay for the long-haul ! The chapters vary in length, but none are super small. Also, I haven't seen Marineford arc in awhile and I just noticed I got some of Marco's abilities wrong, but not SUPER wrong.

recommendations : look up the newest "Venom" movie, and Venom's black slime is how Luffy's power appears.

Enjoy~

Two boys hid inside a dumpster from the men destroying the entire village, just because a noble had wanted it. Marines came and ravaged their precious home. No one could stop them; there were just too many with guns and swords. Ace and Sabo could hear screams, gunshots, the thuds of dead bodies hitting the ground. They were both covering each other's mouths, trying to not be found.

The massacre went on for at least twenty minutes before new screams came, louder ones and the sounds of blood spilling and splattering around the place. Ace and Sabo didn't know what was happening now, but things were getting quieter as screams and shouts died down until there was no sound left.

They thought they had gotten away, would be the only ones to live. No more sounds were making it to their ears, so they had hope they were safe. They would stay put for awhile just to make sure. The silence stayed for a good five minutes before both heard footsteps coming closer.

The blood drained out of their faces when the footsteps stopped right outside of their hiding place. Slowly, so painfully slowly, the lid of the dumpster was opened by small hands. Light flooded into the dark space, hurting Ace and Sabo's eyes from the sudden brightness, until their eyes focused and they saw a child, no older than six, standing outside of the dumpster, peeking inside.

He had black hair, dark eyes and what looked like some sort of tattoo stretching from his forehead, over his eyebrow, down his eye and to the middle of his cheek. He would be cute if it weren't for his dark eyes, which looked dead and blank.

They both assumed it was a child who had somehow survived the massacre, but they were wrong. When they both peeked their heads out, they finally noticed that the kid was splattered with blood all over his arms, legs and chest. All that was clean was his face. He threw open the lid of the dumpster with strength that a six year old shouldn't have. At least, they thought that was his age.

What they didn't know was that this monster who had killed everyone, all of the marines, would become their beloved brother not two months after meeting him.

-x-

"Hey, Lu. How did it go?" Sabo asked kindly once Luffy entered their room. The three heard the door slide shut and lock loudly as they were again isolated, cameras watching their every move. Luffy was dressed in his white pyjamas, socks on and looking very innocent, even after he came back from a mission to kill a whole island.

Ace and Sabo hated that Luffy was used like this, but they couldn't voice that with how they were recorded at all times. They had to act like there was no problem. Like this was normal, being locked away. They especially had to fake for Luffy, who didn't know this was not how most kids grew up.