Chapter 13: To Be A Hero

Start from the beginning

Katsuki coughed and gasped for air, as Izumina continued to run.

"Kacchan" Izuku cried in concern. He began grabbing at the villain's body in an attempt to peel away some of the sludge. He continued to claw away, not accomplishing much as the liquid state of the villain's body slipped through his fingers.

"Why are you here," Bakugou yelled angrily.

"My legs moved on their own!" Izuku cried through a clenched jaw. "I don't know why, though!"

Sludge tentacles pulled Bakugou back in a bit more, which caused him to grunt and close his eyes, preparing himself for suffocation once more. Izuku clawed at the sludge near Bakugou's face just as Izumina appeared next to him.

Izumina held out her hand and forced the sewer green liquid away from Bakugou's face. Bakugou broke out into a coughing fit as the villain moved, taking him with it. Izumina huffed as the goo flowed with free will. Although she pulled with all her might the sludge fell back over Bakugou's face before he could even open his eyes again.

"It's no use," she thought, a look of horror on her face. "The sludge is his body. His life force controls it. My powers have no effect."

Bakugou managed to open his eyes and meet Izumina's, his eyes widened as he realized she too had come to his aid. Then, he turned his attention towards Izuku.

Tears streamed down Izuku's cheeks as he watched Izumina's attempts fail. Noticing Bakugou's attention on him he spoke, "You looked like you were asking for help..."

Katsuki's eyes flickered with an unrecognizable emotion as the villain suffocated him more and more. "Stop it..." he thought as the villain continued to pull him in.

The villain wretched, his liquid swishing around Bakugou. "Just a little longer," he growled so the middle schoolers could hear. His gigantic eye opened as he raised a hand over Izuku. "Don't get in my way!" He hollered ready to crush the boy beneath his fist.

All the pro heroes rushed forward to save the kids. "They'll die in vain! Are they suicidal?!" They yelled knowing they wouldn't make it in time. They were too far away.

The villain brought his arm down.

Izumina, noticing this, stepped in front of Izuku and held her arms up in an attempt to hold back the sludge. She grunted as her attempt failed and the villain brought his arm down full force.

The impact of the villain's attack created a massive uproar of smoke and fire, which whipped up around the boy and girl, encasing them. Izuku grunted and covered his face. His eyes closed, preparing for death. The world slowed as Izumina glanced over her shoulder at her friends. As she did she thought to herself, "I'm sorry I couldn't save you two," and closed her eyes.

The attack would've killed them... But as the smoke cleared Izumina heard a voice. "I really am pathetic."

She opened her eyes to see All Might, more heroic than ever, standing over them. She heard a gasp behind her, undoubtedly from Izuku, as she stared up at the symbol of peace in awe as he held back the villain's massive fist.

"All Might..." Izuku mumbled in disbelief.

Izumina was at a loss for words.

"Even though I admonished you, I wasn't putting what I said into practice!" All Might said through a strained smile as he continued to hold the villain back. Veins popped out of his forehead as he struggled to pull his arm away from the sludge. He raised his fist and broke the strings of sewage that had latched onto him.

"You saved us," Izumina whispered so quietly it was almost inaudible, but All Might heard and noticed her voice hung in mid-sentence. He knew what she meant. He knew she'd meant: "You saved us, even though you'd used up all your time already."