Three

Autumn jolts up from the couch, drenched in perspiration. A nightmare? It was just a nightmare. This pandemic is really taking a toll on her.

Lola meows in concern as Autumn tries to catch her breath. How much longer until life falls back into normal, everyday life. Autumn misses it. Her job, as hard as that is to believe. She misses being able to freely leave the house whenever she wants. She wants so badly to be able to run to a bar when she's had a stressful day. Sometimes that would lead to her hooking up with sexy, mysterious strangers. Or maybe they were average. Hard to tell when your judgement is clouded off that brown liquor.

She can only really rely on her battery operated boyfriends for the time being. Sometimes- No, most of the time, they get the job handled better than any man could. Speaking of, Autumn could use some self care alone time right about now.

"Lola baby? Mommy is going to go take a nap. Stay here and play with your toys." Autumn says excitedly as she imagines her own toys.

—————

"No. No. NO! Damnit, I almost had it! " Autumn yells at the television, as she yet again fails to beat a level of her favorite video game. She's been trying for the last hour to complete it. "I'll take a break, and come back later." She mumbles, exasperated.

Autumn sits on her couch in silence as she hears singing coming from outside. With furrowed eyebrows, she rises and walks towards front door. Once outside, she notices some of her neighbors outside on each of their porches. They've formed a familiar harmonizing game. Autumn watches, smiling as she leans her body on the railing. Wow. They sounded beautiful. Deplorable, but beautiful.

This is one of the many past times that have been developed over the course of the last few months. Not really shit else to do. Amazing how being forced to stay home can actually make you communicate with your neighbors.

Autumn looks over to a porch adjacent to her own and cocks her head in curiosity. Who the hell is this attractive man? She's never seen him before. He's tall, and sports a black hoodie, and sweats. He's standing on his porch singing along. Autumn is so carried away staring at this man's beautifully structured face, that she almost doesn't look away in time when his own eyes meet hers.

"That was close. Is he still looking? I should check. No, I'll wait a few seconds. 1...2....3. Okay, now look." Autumn whispers to herself.

Once she looks back over to the attractive stranger's porch, her mouth drop. "Where the hell did he go?" She says. She sighs, rolls her eyes and heads back into her apartment.

—————

It's curfew time. No leaving the apartment now. Yet another treacherous, grey day is nearly over. Autumn hates how lonely her life feels. She has no friends, she's an only child, and her parents live in another state. At least she has Lola, right?

Autumn heads to the kitchen for a drink, when she smells a foul odor. The trash can. Trash needs to be taken out. She grabs the full bag , and struggles to carry it to the porch. She has to be quick. Don't want the guards to think she's trying to break curfew. Once outside, she hears a male voice.

"Did you come out hear to stare at me?" His voice playfully rings from his porch. Autumn's eyes dart over to where he is. It's the attractive man from earlier. "Excuse you? " she says sassily. "You had to be looking to know I was looking right?" She says smirking. He chuckles. "You got me there." He says, his million dollar smile obvious. Even as the sky darkens, Autumn could see the twinkle in his dark eyes. She looks away to recover from his alluring appeal.

"Yeah. Anyway, I've never seen you before." She continues, too shy to look up again. "I moved here not long before this national lockdown. " he answers. "What's your name Miss?" "Autumn. Yours?" She asks. " Khyree." He replies. So, he's Khyree. Good to know. "Okay, cool."

Some flashlight beams makes their way around the corner towards their direction. Autumn, and Khyree quickly nod at each other and go back inside their places. Damn guards.

Autumn can't stop thinking about Khyree. Even his voice was attractive. Jesus, help her. She looks over a Lola who is peacefully sleeping on the couch.

"Girl, I think I found you a dad." Autumn says, giggling.

————

Hey! Mercedes here. I hope y'all all enjoying Virus so far. This chapter is a little shorter than the previous ones. I hope y'all enjoyed it anyway.

What do y'all think of Khyree?

Please:

Like

Comment

Share

Thank you!