5

This thing won't bury me alive because I am the type of person who fights for my convictions and I will fight for what I believe in and against what I don't believe in. I may not look it now but I actually do care about life and nature but it doesn't mean I can love because I don't know what love is. Yes I cannot fully understand the concept of love but I do understand what it means to other people by witnessing it from my family and the boys in this village who would have died for his love. I will not lose love because I do not know loss. I can't hate because I don't know it; in fact I am neutral on both subjects yet I can see and understand the complex emotions of both love and hate by the way people react to these emotions. I can fully understand them without feeling them myself because I don't want to feel them. True love is a parasite that infects you, that's all I need to know about love and about hate. I couldn't care less about what the God of Love says. I could live forever feeling nothing at all because we took away the God of Passion Pothos' love, his passion and he reacted with hate and vengeance and took away our love by replacing it with something that can kill us. It's the very same love that can kill us. I'm perfectly fine by myself yet Eros plays with me and toys with my emotions and it needs to stop because I do not understand His script. I don't understand the rhymes he speak when he is not even one of the primary Gods and Goddesses that I believe in.

Even then I don't know if I will continue believing in the gods and goddesses because of what was done by one God because he was vengeful. Then again we as a species that they created desires compassion. They herd us like sheep but when we try to break away from the herd they try to punish us for trying to find our way in our own right. We try to deviate from the path they create for us and yet once we did, this is what happened we had a vengeful God give us immortality for no reason. Yet the most perfect reason that distinguishes us from them is the ability take away something that we care about. Accordingly, we retaliated and we did that to them to one of them the God of passion the god of desire the son of the God of love. This is the result, they're all powerful when we pray to them but on the inside they're just like us. They are humans that deal with the same feelings that we feel. They can still do things mere mortals can't. Like defeat an army with a slight rise of a hand.

But then everything changed when a God felt death. Not by being killed but by losing what he loved and no matter what he feels, pain or agony, nothing will change what was lost. Even the strongest of love can't give back what was lost no matter how strong the bond. Yet that very same bond that can lead us to madness can also be our greatest strength in fighting for what we believe in. Yet I still don't believe in or feel love on that level. I am also on the outside looking in and what's it's like to have something like that in my life. Finding someone to speak the rest of your life with, to grow old with, and have a family has always been something that I could never I understand and maybe now that I will live a long life rather than a short one I can maybe understand love more. People and Gods and Goddesses do weird things when it comes to love and death. What will I do? I wonder if I'll ever go mad with rage if I ever find love and have it ripped from me. Maybe but I'll never know.

As the day began, the world begins to move forward. It was a hot day and everyone was out and about on their way to work and opening stands to sell their goods. It was as if nothing happened in the world and nothing changed. But everything did change. Today looks like yesterday everything looks the same and feels the same and we will never truly know if it is the same until something happens, a God cursed us and all the other Gods let it happen. Maybe in different lands there's a lot of love running out. Maybe Pothos did the same to their people and so on and so forth and they just let it happen. I believe that not just my people on this island but where my people haven't discovered changed too. My cousin always said we are connected to one another but I'm not sure I believe that.

Even if we will never know tomorrow we still have today. I can't believe that this is even real. Sometimes I just think of it as a bad dream. Other times I know it's not. Since nobody knows what will happen tomorrow we can only hope for today. Hope that this change is only temporary but maybe it will be permanent.We'll find a thing that kills us and that thing is love and let it slowly destroys us as we greeted by death like an old friend.

Our lives will be temporary at that time but for now they are as permanent as a world set in stone and there's nothing any mere human can do about it. I doubt God will forgive us because false hope is the worst thing anyone can believe in. All I know is that everything from yesterday is different from everything today and tomorrow. When tomorrow comes everything will be like today; people are out shopping and selling their products, working on the farms, or training to fight wars as if nothing happened. No going to the temples praying to the Gods and Goddesses and leaving offerings and the occasional sacrifice. But along the line something extraordinarily terrifying will happen and people's perspectives will change since we are now immortal, love being the only weakness.

But even after he lives thought this war will he continue to fight in wars that may now be seen as meaningless since no one will stay fallen. Even if our lives are no longer temporary how will he react to this? Living with the scare that should've killed him but did not. Reliving that nightmare till he can't sleep anymore and wishes for death but his wish isn't answer. How will he end his life when the only thing that can end his existence is love? What happens if he or she never finds love? What happens in one hundred, two hundred or three hundred years later they never find their soul mate? Will they continue to walk alone until that day happens when there should can finally rest when they wanted so long? Will they love that person and live an aging life or will he or she end it? End there life to stop that never ending nightmare that they are forced to relive over and over again? Or will they love and share their long life with her lover?

As I continue to think and wondering what will happen tomorrow I am brought back to reality by my father. He was calling my name. "Thala, come help me and your mother pack!" I got up to help my mother and father packs the wagon. I assume it was time for us to go back home. Home to a destroyed village. I wonder how long it would take for things to go back to normal. Again my thoughts were interrupted by my father calling my name again." Yes, father?" I said. "Thala why have you been so quiet these past few days? Was it because we saw the presence of a God or are you just tried?" Asked my father. I didn't know how to answer him. I tried my best to form an answer but I just stay quiet, I didn't know how he would react to a God talking to his only child. "Thala?". He said again waiting for an answer. "It is nothing father I am just tired is all". I choose to tell a half truth. I was indeed tired but at the same time I couldn't stop thinking about what happened these past few days. "Okay Thala get some rest soon" said my father.

I still don't understand how people can willingly love something or someone. And why a god would even speak to someone like me. A child of a farmer and poor. I didn't spend a long time thinking of reasons why Eros the God of Love would talk to me. I mean what do I have that other people don't? "Thala?" Said my mother. "Yes mother?" "What is on your mind dear?" Again with this question! Why must they always ask if I am alright?" Yes mother I am fine." I answer in a monotone voice. I started moving things in the wagon to make more room for the things we brought while staying in this larger village we called home for a few days.

The sun was high in the sky and we were halfway done packing up everything. Thala was beyond bored and continued to stare up into the never ending sky. She was not happy about the journey back home back to her village. It would take three days at most for her and her family to return to their destroyed home and rebuild what was lost. As she was lost in thought a young man approach her. It was the same nameless young man who picked up arms against a God to fight for what he loved. She didn't notice him. He said down next to her and cleared his throat. "Hello we meet once before. My name is Petros". Thala seemed annoyed that he was next to her but it was problematic for her mother to find her child being rude to someone. "My name is Thala". "Ah what a beautiful name, I wanted to continue our talk from the other day if you remember?" She did remember the talk they had a few days ago. "Why not just talk to someone." "Alright Petros, why do you think love has all the answers?" she asked him. "Well I believe it's everything, I believe love can save all and yet hurt all. Love can be viewed in many different lights that take all shapes and forms that can save or end us." He answers. She looked at him and took his answer into deep thought. She wondered why he was so sure of himself with that answer, "Well I believe it is something that can be created, get loose because once you have it, can be easily taken away from you and we have witnessed this first hand from an enraged God." She said to counter his statement.