𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘. the raven

➼➼➼➼

➼➼➼➼

Alenia woke up to the feeling of someone rubbing her back. She rolled over to lock eyes with a pair of chocolate ones.

"Well, hi there." she whispered.

"Hi." Kili said. "How was your watch?"

"Fine." Alenia said, as she got up from the bed to grab her weapons, and attach them to the various places around her body. A quiver and bow over her shoulder, her elvish sword that had been buried in the armory at her side, and two daggers in her boots. She turned to see Kili pulling on his own armor and weapons, and smiled softly, before the events of last night resurface in her mind, causing her smile to drop. "Hey, Kili, there's something-"

"Are you two lovebirds in there?" Fili asked, knocking on the door.

"Come in, Fee." Kili called, as he turned to face his brother as he walked in and said, "Thorin wants everyone at the gate, now."

Kili stepped out of the bedroom, and the two dwarfs hurried th and Alenia rushed after him, calling both of their names.

The brothers looked at each other and took positions on each side of the half-elf as they walked, as she said, "Look, boys, I know we've been talking about Thorin's state of mind recently, and I just wanted you to remember that everything I do, I do for the good of the Company."

Kili and Fili exchanged odd looks.

"Okay." Kili said slowly.

"Not sure what you're talking about, but we trust you." Fili reassured.

I hope your opinion doesn't change. Alenia thought, as they reached the courtyard.

While climbing the steps to the top of the gate, Kili turned to look slightly up at the half-elf.

"Promise me you'll be safe." Kili said. "Promise me you won't put your life in danger stupidly. Take calculated risks, and always watch your back."

"I'll have you to do that for me." Alenia said.

"Why would I watch your back when I could look lower?" Kili muttered, forgetting that Alenia had the equivalent of super hearing with her elven blood. She slapped his side, and he snickered, before standing on his tiptoes to press a kiss to her forehead. "Please be careful. I don't know what I would do if I lost you."

"You won't." Alenia promised, taking his face in her hands to rest their foreheads together. "But the only way I'll be careful is if you promise to stick near me. Somewhere I can keep an eye on you."