𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘. the pointy-eared king

➼➼➼➼

➼➼➼➼

"Tell him nothing." Thorin muttered, as he passed by Alenia on the stairs, causing her to nod.

The blonde-haired elf pushed her forward, up the stairs.

She sighed, before she asked, "Got a name, Blondie?"

"Legolas," he replied.

"What's with you and the redhead?" Alenia asked. "You guys together?"

"What gives you that idea?" Legolas asked.

"Just the way you two were looking at each other with your big goo goo eyes." Alenia smirked, looking back at the elf, catching him staring.

"Knew my mother, huh?" she asked, changing the subject and turning her eyes forward. "Knew her well?"

"What makes you say that?" He answered with a question of his own.

"Well, when you saw me, you kinda went into goldfish mode. Big eyes, open mouth." Alenia said. "And said her name. And you're still looking at me like I'm some kind of ghost. Which I get, I know I look like her."

"Aye," Legolas said. "You do."

"But that doesn't change the fact that you knew her." Alenia said.

"Your mother was my..." Legolas hesitated, before he finished with, "best friend."

"Well, I expect to hear more about her over the course of my imprisonment." Alenia said, as they arrived at a open area in the center of the Woodland Realm.

"There's no need to be imprisoned with those daft idiots below us after we speak, my dear." A voice echoed around the vast room, which Alenia now realized was a throne room, as her narrowed eyes travelled to the throne built of many layered branches.

"First off, don't 'my dear' me, Grampsie. You don't get to do that. Especially after what you did to my mother. Second, don't talk about the dwarves like that. They're better than you in every possible way."

"And which ways would that be?" Thranduil asked, looking slightly amused.

"Wipe that smirk off your face," Alenia growled. "At least the dwarves don't disown their children because they follow their hearts."

"Which was a grave mistake of mine." Thranduil admitted.

"Damn right it was." Alenia sneered. "Not that it changes anything. My parents are dead because of you. They were too worried about protecting my sister and I, that they were killed themselves."

"There's no other way Lana would've wanted to go," Legolas said from the shadow of the throne room. "Protecting the ones you love is an honorable way to pass. A true warrior's death."

"Did you say sister?" Thranduil asked.

"Don't get your hopes up, Your Highness," Alenia said, speaking the Elf King's title with distaste. "Hanna's dead too. My entire family's gone."

"Not your entire family," Thranduil noted. "You have us."

"Us?" Alenia asked.

"Your uncle and myself."

"Uncle." Alenia repeated, looking around the room in confusion, before her eyes landed on the elf in the shadows, who smiled weakly at her. "Oh, you've got to be kidding me. Best friends, my ass."

"Your mother and I were best friends. We just also happened to be related." Legolas said.

"Uh huh. And you didn't think that was important to tell me?" Alenia asked, rolling her eyes. "And here I thought that you were different than the stories of the elves of Mirkwood."

"Have care how you speak. You forget that you are not in a position to be saying such things. I hold the power here. Not you." Thranduil warned.

"Okay, then, oh powerful one." Alenia said. "Are we done here?"

"Not quite." Thranduil said. "It has come to my attention that there is a dwarf down there that you care for deeply."

"Do not bring him into this." Alenia snarled, moving forward, before Legolas stepped up and grabbed her arm.

"You and Oakenshield have left me no other choice." Thranduil corrected. "There are gems in the Mountain that I desire, and your leader has already refused them to me."

"And what makes you think that I can give you them?" Alenia asked, shaking Legolas' hand off of her. "I have no claim to anything in that mountain, and even if I did, I would most definitely not use it for you."

"You would if I told you that your dwarf's life depended on it." The Elf King snarled.

Alenia laughed. "You'd have to get through me. And there's no way that's happening. I'm not losing any more of my family."

"You wouldn't be able to stop it."

"Father, perhaps-" Legolas said, stepping in.

Thranduil silenced him with a glare, before turning to his granddaughter again. "Something to chew on during your stay."

The Elf King then nodded, signalling for Legolas to drag a fuming Alenia from the throne room.

➼➼➼➼

a/n:

kind of a short chapter? but we're gonna get back to the story next chapter so be on the lookout for that next tuesday.

hope everyone had a good week, and i hope you have a great weekend.

- ash xx