𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑. the hobbit

➼➼➼➼

➼➼➼➼

The door was opened after a bit, by a scowling hobbit. That scowl quickly dropped, when he saw the young woman standing there.

"You must be Mr. Baggins!" Alenia greeted, bowing to the halfling. "Alenia Damenor at your service!"

"Bilbo Baggins at yours," the hobbit replied with a tentative smile, taken by the young woman and her energy. "Are you here for the dwarves?"

"Indeed I am," she said, smiling. "May I come in?"

"Oh, yes, of course," Bilbo said, stepping backwards, opening th door wider, and motioning with his hand. "Would you like me to take your cloak?"

"Why, yes. Thank you," Alenia answered, reaching up and unclasping it, moving her hair and revealing her ears.

Bilbo gasped. "Oh! Are you an elf?"

"Half elf, half human, love," Alenia said, smirking. "Also, a Ranger of the North. Here to assist the dwarves on their quest. But they don't know that, and aren't particularly fond of elves, so let's not tell anyone I'm here just yet. I can blend into the background quite well."

Bilbo nodded, agreeing, before leading her down the hall towards the dining room, where the boisterous laughter and yelling of the dwarves could be heard clearly. The hobbit continued on into the room, tapped Gandalf on his arm, and gestured to the hallway, where Alenia was waiting.

The wizard stooped under the archway to meet the half elf. "Nice of you to show up."

"Nuh uh, do not give me that. You said there were thirteen dwarves coming and there are only twelve here. Therefore, I am not the last one to arrive." Alenia remarked snarkily.

"True enough. Now, I think it best for you to remain out of sight, until Thorin arrives. Then once all thirteen are here, I can introduce you."

"Sounds fair. I'm going to grab some water and hide in the living room, until you require me." With that, Alenia turned to tiptoe into the kitchen for her drink. As she was filling her glass from the sink - hobbits are very advanced creatures, they have plumbing and everything, a young dark-haired dwarf walked in.

Alenia whipped around, as the dwarf stared in surprise at her. Slowly, she raised a finger to her lips, asking him to keep her presence a secret for now. The dwarf blinked in momentary confusion, before grinning and nodding once, and gesturing to the other entrance to the kitchen. Alenia winked, and raised her glass of water in a 'cheers' motion, before exiting, unaware of the dwarf's stares after her.

No sooner had she tucked herself into a corner of the living room, out of sight, and the dwarves' song about Bilbo's cutlery had ended, when three solid knocks hit the door.

"He is here," she heard Gandalf mutter in the next room.

➼➼➼➼

a/n:

okay. another short chapter. school's been rough, but i might post another chapter over the weekend if i have time :))

anyways, like/comment if you would like to. if not, that's cool too, i'm just glad you're here and reading.

have a great day everyone!!

ash xx