𝐎𝐍𝐄. the half-elf and the boy

➼➼➼➼

➼➼➼➼

italics - elvish

The trees leaned in the wind, the gusts causing the branches to crackle, as the young boy ran through the woods. He was desperately trying to keep quiet, but every now and then a high pitched giggle would slip from between his smiling lips.

The young woman was trailing behind him, and smiled in joy as he giggled again. She could've caught up to him ten minutes ago, but had decided to prolong it in order to listen in amusement as he made a considerable amount of noise, despite his attempts at being quiet.

Her pointed ears pricked up, as she heard loud crashes and snaps coming from ahead of the young boy. The youth, however, was not aware of these noises and continued on obliviously, dangerously. The young woman quickened her pace, closing the distance between herself and the boy.

She grabbed the boy, causing him to squeal in surprise and delight, thinking the game was still in play. The young woman scowled in worry, as she heard the snapping and cracking come closer, and the dark speech that confirmed her worse fears. She frantically pushed the boy upwards, lifting him towards the branches of the forest canopy.

"Estel. Climb higher, get out of sight. Do not come down until I tell you to." the woman said, her tone leaving no room for argument from the child.

The female turned, dragging her ebony bow off her shoulders and setting an arrow in a singular, fluid motion, raising it just in time to send it into the grotesque skull of an orc emerging from the bushes. As their companion fell, more of the horrid creatures rushed from their cover to meet the woman. She grimaced, before nocking two arrows at once, and sending a pair of orcs to the ground, the projectiles buried in their chests. More orcs fell, as her raven-feathered arrows soared to meet the beasts.

The young woman had thinned about half the pack of monsters before she was forced to draw her sword to parry a blow. She spun out of the second slash, and chopped off the orc's head. She stabbed one through the chest, and turned it's corpse to meet another beast, hiding behind it as a shield. She swiftly pulled her sword from the dead orc, before plunging it into the live one, sending it to the ground.

She hacked as the beasts came at her, before her sword was twisted out of her hands, and clattered to the ground.

The warrior ducked under the swing of a sword, before pulling a dagger from her boot and plunging it upwards into the orc's skull through it's chin. She withdrew it quickly, before sending it flying into the chest of another creature.

As one of the last three charged her, she stooped to draw her sword, but was too slow. The orc slashed her shoulder, the woman's blood flowing out of it. She brought her sword up to kill it, before her world tilted as she fell to the ground, her sword skidding out of her reach on the blood-soaked grass.

"Alenia!" The little boy yelled, leaping from the overhead branches, onto the shoulders of the second to last orc, while the final beast strode towards the woman on the ground.

Her world spun as she sat up quickly, drawing another dagger from her other boot and throwing it at the beast Estel was distracting, killing it before it could harm the boy.

Now completely weaponless, Alenia lunged for her sword with a pained cry, grasping it's hilt, and bringing it up, slashing her orc's throat as it stabbed downward at her stomach with it's own sword. She gasped in pain.

"Alenia!" Estel cried, dashing to her side.

"Go g-get Lord Elrond." She stuttered, unclasping the boy's cloak, as her own was trapped under her body, and wrapping it around the sword, attempting to stop the blood squirting out around the blade.

The boy took off into the woods, back the way they had come. Alenia's head dropped to the ground, and her eyes fluttered shut.

➼➼➼➼

a/n:

hoo boy. okay. first chapter of this new fanfic, (sorry it's a bit short). let me know what you guys think. 

i've been counting down the days to finally upload this, and i think i'll post a chapter for this book every friday and maybe an extra chapter on tuesday if my school load is lighter that week, and continue with my posting schedule for my original story as it has been, (every monday and thursday).

anyways, vote/comment if you want. or don't. 

i hope you have an amazing day! :))

ash xx