I was slowly slipping into slumber again and couldn't hear her following words, so I nodded and felt something heavy on my finger. Thinking that maybe Chaeyoung was caressing my hand, I slept again. 

~~~

Chaeyoung kissed Jennie on her head and chuckled when she saw her lover slowly falling back to sleep again. She then lifts Jennie's left hand, where she inserted the engagement ring. She knew Jennie was half asleep and wouldn't remember what she said to make Jennie say yes.

"You've already said yes, Kim. I hope you won't change your mind once you wake up." Chaeyoung smiles and carries Jennie again for them to go back to their house. 

~~~

Jennie woke up a few hours later, noticing that Chaeyoung was nowhere to be found, and felt something on her finger. Jennie lifts her left hand to something that would surprise her. She then saw a note on the bedside table and picked it up.

"Breakfast is ready downstairs, my wife. I'll be waiting for you downstairs." 

Chaeyoung Park

Your loving fiance

Jennie was bawling her eyes out when she read the note and the engagement ring wrapped around her finger. She immediately got out of bed and ran downstairs to see Chaeyoung reading a newspaper on the couch with breakfast on the table. Chaeyoung heard the sound of footsteps, placed the newspaper down, and smiled at the crying woman. 

"Hello, Love," Chaeyoung calls out, and Jennie runs to jump on Chaeyoung on the couch.

"W-"

"Why didn't you wake me up!?" Jennie whined as she showed her the hand on which the engagement ring was placed. 

Chaeyoung chuckled and cupped her face. "How could I when you told me you were exhausted."

"B-But you didn't even let me say yes," 

"You did. I told you something cheesy and asked if you wanted to marry me. Technically, it was your loss, not mine." She smirks, and Jennie playfully slaps her on the shoulder. 

A minute after their arguing, Chaeyoung and Jennie lay on the couch with Jennie on top and Chaeyoung wrapping her arms around her as she caresses her back in a loving manner. Jennie hovers over Chaeyoung and kisses her. "I love you," She smiles, making Chaeyoung smile widely. 

"Time for breakfast, wifey," 

~flashback end~

We arrived and placed our things into our assigned cabins

We arrived and placed our things into our assigned cabins. I immediately grabbed Chaeyoung's hand as I took her somewhere amazing, which I only found out a while ago after unpacking. 

"W-Where are you taking me?" She asks as she lets me drag her. 

I chuckle, "Somewhere amazing. Do you trust me?" 

She raises a brow, "You've been doing this since high school. I'll always trust you." She smiled, which I also did in return. Once we were getting near the place, I struggled as I covered her eyes. I positioned her perfectly to see the view beautifully.

"Here," I say and slowly uncovered her eyes. She gasped in awe when she saw the view in front of her. 

The bright city light shone in the distance. You lit up the sky with a blinding light. I look at the woman who has done nothing but love me and is here beside me. She is shining in the dark. I took a deep breath and looked at the city below us. 

I shakily reached for Chaeyoung's hand. She didn't flinch nor push my hand away. She turns to me with a smile. I smiled back and was confident enough to believe it would be okay. I tightly squeezed our hands as we continued to stare at the view. Breathe. Relax. Everything will soon be alright.

====

Next up is Lisa's proposal 🥰🥰 and I think this story is going to end in chapter 28 😥 It's Lisa's birthday tomorrow! 🥰🤩