3: acceptance

wednesday

wednesday

where's unnie? she's not on the bench today! is she dead? is she with her friends? but she's my unnie. where has she gone. is she in a classroom? i open the door to an empty classroom and see her, sitting at a table in the back. PERFECT. i have her apple!

how about i do it cooly. just like she would do! i walk over to her and reach my hands out with the apple. has she taken it? does she even know i'm here?

"i can see you, chuu." she's acknowledged me! good. is she gonna take the apple? i look up and i'm still holding the apple!

"i asked my mom to buy a ton just for you! please take it?" i beg. still, no response. my legs are too tired for this. i sit in the chair next to her and stare at the apple. she must have it. i slowly slide the apple next to her. she's seen the apple! just take it!

"i'm not hungry but thanks." UGH! not again! she needs to eat! i keep sliding the apple towards her and no response! she doesn't even look at it! "i said i'm not hungry."

"hmph. can i eat it?" i ask. she shrugs and flips the stupid page of her stupid book. ok chuu, calm down. it's just a book. you're 1000x more important than that book. i hope.

"are you gonna eat the apple? or do you want me to eat it that badly?" she asks, finally looking at me! i push the apple to her one last time. please take it. she picks it up and looks at it! progress. "there. you can have the rest." she says. i grab the apple and take a bite from it.

"is it pretty? cause i think it is." i say. she nods and reaches for it. does she like it that much? she looks at it again and puts it down. she's even beautiful when she looks at stuff that isn't her book!

might as well finish it. i finish the apple and put the core on the table. she grabs the apple and heads to the garbage can, about to throw it away. "what are you doing?!" she looks at me, very confused. am i being odd?

"throwing it away?" she says. i run over to her and take it from her.

"my family is big on composting." i say. she nods and goes back to sit down. i take the baggy from yesterday and drop the core inside of it. this would be a perfect time to take a picture of her. i go back to my seat and take out my phone. she's so focused on her book. just like always. i snap a few pictures of her reading and admire all of them.

i hope she didn't notice. i'm not the most secretive person. she closes her book and puts it in her bag, like always.

"bye unnie! and your ponytail is very neat!" i call out. she waves goodbye and leaves the classroom. that was a success.