CHAPTER 18

"How did you get out of your cell?"

I jumped at an oddly familiar voice behind me. I turned around and saw a tall man with a scar down the middle of his face. His thick eyebrows were furrowed and his dirty blond hair fell into his honey-coloured eyes."

"Are you-"

"Save it."

He grabbed my arm and pulled me back to the holding cell. Why couldn't I get words out? I was just so shocked. I felt tears in my eyes and finally let them fall. He stared at me scowling.

"Am I supposed to feel sorry for you?"

"Dad..."

His face softened, but hardened again. Of course he didn't recognise me, it had been 15 years.

"Dad."

Suddenly tears filled his eyes.

"(Y/n)?"

He pulled me into a hug.

"I thought you were dead!"

I exclaimed.

"I thought you were dead too."

"Didn't you recognise my name?"

He shook his name.

"They didn't give me a name, just a picture. What were you doing on Naboo? Why are you on a wanted list?"

I pulled away from him, frowning a bit.

"How are you alive? Didn't Jabba..."

He looked away from me and brushed his hair back.

"(Y/n)... I'm sorry I had to lie to you. It was for your own protection."

"I don't understand."

"I can't explain it to you. You'll be in danger, even more danger."

"Can you take me back to Naboo? I have someone waiting for me."

He walked over to one of the closets on the ship, pulled out my helmet, and looked at it curiously.

"When did you become a mandalorian?"

"I'm not really a mandalorian. It's just a disguise."

He raised an eyebrow.

"I think that's illegal, isn't it? To impersonate someone in the guild when you aren't associated with them?"

"I don't know the law! And I AM associated with them. My friend- my BOYfriend is a mandalorian."

"You have a boyfriend? Can mandalorian date?"

"I don't know. But he's going to come after you if you don't take me back to Naboo!"

I said in the most threatening voice I could.

"Honey, I've got to cash you in. I'm sorry."

I was shocked.

"You're cashing me in? But I'm your daughter!"

"Bounty hunting is a complicated profession, dear. You can't let your personal feelings get in the way. That's why I'm surprised your "boyfriend" is a mandalorian. There's no way he can resist the price on your head."

"Not all bounty hunters are heartless, like you. He'll find you. You'll regret this."

He pushed me back into the holding cell and I heard the lock click. I sat down, trying to process what happened. I was finally reunited with my father only for him to betray me!

"Please, Boba. Please come for me soon."