CHAPTER 5

I woke up in the dark with the blanket pulled tightly around me. I couldn't help but notice that I was now wearing a loose black shirt and I wondered why he had bothered to put it on me. Then, I remembered that my shirt was in tatters.

"Are you hungry?"

I jumped at his sudden voice next to me.

"Were you watching me sleep?"

"No."

I sat up.

"Are you hungry?"

I nodded and admitted I was. He handed me a loaf of bread and a bottle of water.

"It isn't much, we'll be stopping for supplies soon."

"It's perfect."

I could feel him staring at me as I ate.

"Why is your bounty so high?"

"Why is your nosiness level so high?"

"I like to know a bit about my bounty before I cash them in. Especially harmless ones like you."

I scoffed.

"Oh, lovely. Well, my dad wasn't exactly friendly to a lot of people and I seem to be the one paying for it."

"I see."

"I can't, have you got some kind of light in here?"

"Yeah, I just didn't want to wake you."

He stood up and switched on a light above my head. I blinked away the black spots in my vision, waiting for my eyes to adjust to the sudden change in lighting.

"Who's paying you?"

"Jabba."

He answered in a monotone voice.

"Jabba? Are you joking? I would rather die!"

He sat down and looked away from me.

"Seriously, Mr. Mando-Hunter-Dude. I WILL shoot myself while you're sleeping."

He sighed.

"Well, he's the one who offered the highest bounty."

"Do you know what he'll do to me?! I'd rather you just kill me and bring me in cold."

I paused.

"Please."

"I'm not going to kill you! God..."

"Don't take me to Jabba! He won't..."

"He won't what?"

"He won't treat me like you do."

Right as the words left my lips, I regretted them. He's going to think I'm trying to manipulate him.

"So, what do you expect me to do? Just completely call this entire thing off and drop you off jolly at home?"

"Well, no..."

He stood up and I caught his arm.

"Please. I know you're human like me. Please don't take me to Jabba."

He pulled his arm away and left the room.

'I can't go to Jabba. I've heard what he does to young women like me.'