"Listen to me and listen to me very carefully. Your virginity is nothing to be ashamed over, no matter how innocent you are in the subject. If nothing else than take these next words to heart: do not give yourself to anyone in any capacity unless you have a connection to them. Handing yourself to someone else for the sake of curiosity or to stick with the 'social expectations' leaves marks that you cannot imagine. It must be special to you, otherwise the loss of it is meaningless and renders social conducts to be null and void." Snape went back to brewing like he hadn't just given Harry a huge load of information to unravel.

That night, Harry didn't play the piano. He was still in the same room, but instead of playing he transfigured a stool into an oversized chair he could sink into while he lost himself in thought about earlier that afternoon.

He knew that Snape was right. He was famous and had to take his notoriety into account-most people would throw themselves at him if he should give an inkling that he thought they were attractive. And what a news story that would be. He could practically see the articles on how someone had popped his cherry. It was a distasteful sight, even in his mind. The Daily Prophet wasn't exactly known for a lack of details, whether they were true or not.

The next thing he knew, he was waking up. Assuming he must have just fallen asleep, he shifted and snuggled into the warm blanket more. Confusion started to leak through the sleep in his mind and he went to open his eyes but the fingers running through his hair coaxed him off to sleep once more.

When he finally did wake up, he was snuggled up under a fluffy duvet that had kept him warm through the night. When he went to sit up, he realized that it had been weighted ever so slightly and smelled of vanilla, lavender and sandalwood. A pile of presents had been left next to him on a short table.

Smiling, he sat up. At some point, whoever had left the duvet must have magically reclined the chair and cast extra cushioning charms on it for his comfort. Pushing it off as a house elf simply trying to help him out, he stretched and summoned the pile of presents before tearing into his traditional Weasley jumper. This year was a deep green with a small golden snitch upon his breast. Hagrid had sent the usual 'treats' that were quickly banished, Hermione had sent him some quality ink in unspillable bottles and Ron had sent him the usual broom kit. Dumbledore had sent him a tin of muggle candies with a note that simply said 'For those long nights of studying.'

The last present sat on his lap in a silver wrapped box. A simple black ribbon of silk made the innocent box look not-so-innocent. He hadn't expected anyone else to send him anything and there wasn't a note.

Tearing through the paper easily, he opened the box to behold a single ornament. It was shaped like a cauldron and had charmed steam rising from it. The surface of the liquid inside was gold and had a few spots that plinked in and out of the surface happily. Harry smiled and gently eased the ornament back into the box to prevent it from breaking.

Once his gifts were safely piled together for their trip back to his rooms, he carefully folded the duvet and placed it upon the chair he had occupied. One hurried trip later, and he was sitting at his desk in his rooms with one of his new pots of ink, a quill and a sheaf of his nicer parchment.

'I must admit, I forwent shopping this holiday season to pursue some much appreciated company from a friend. My apologies that your holiday pile was left bare of my sentiments. Let me make it up to you by playing anything you request tonight.'

He tied the note up with the ribbon from the gift Snape had given him and gently placed the note just outside of Snape's door before heading to breakfast. Judging by the small smile he received from the potions master, he knew he could expect company by his piano later.