Prologue

EDITED

❀ Kaitlynn Evans' POV ❀

"Listen, Chase. I can't do this anymore. I can't stand.. Argh!" I groaned, frustrated with myself. I can't even say these words to a mirror. Let alone saying these words to him.

I flopped back down on my bed and thought it through.

Was this the right thing to do? Break off our friendship? I can't even think about it anymore. To say that I was scared was an understatement. What if he'll hate me? What should I do? Its obvious a girl like me can't be friends with someone like him. We're not.. the same anymore. Should I tell him? I felt so left out the other day. His new 'friends' are turning him to something he's not.

I tossed and turned on my bed before finally making up my mind. Slowly, my eyelids started to droop as I drifted off into dreamland.

***

the next day...

"Chase! Chase! Stop! I need to talk to you!" I screamed at the end of the hallway after school, spotting him with one of his new friends. probably talking about something not important.

"What is it Kait? Can't you see I'm busy?" he nodded towards his friend and tapped his foot, clearly annoyed at me as I neared him.

"It'll only take a minute. I promise. A-a-and its something important. I hope that we can talk.. in private," I said a bit out of breath, emphasising the private to his friend, hinting him to go away while playing with my fingers. My palms were starting to sweat as a wave of emotions rushed through me.

"Okay fine. I'll wait but I havent got all day Kait. Hurry. Tyler's waiting," he said, looking at his watch.

"Okay. What I want to talk to you about is.."

"Hurry up Kait. I told you I don't have much time."

I almost chickened out at that moment but I carried on. " I don't think we should be friends anymore Chase," I finished off. The emotions that flitted through his eyes at my words were so painful. Bretrayal, hurt and anger. I ran away crying, before he can say anything. I regret my last words to him but what's done is done and you can't change the past, no matter how hard you try.

I just hope that someday in the future, we'll be okay again, even if we're not friends.