solority | 11

ITS NOW OR NEVER. She took a deep breath, looking straight into his eyes, "He said something about risk and that won't occur if you didn't feel the same as I do. Did he indicate that you love me?" She pauses. "Cause I do love you." She searched his eyes for answers. He opens his mouth, clearly stunned over her words. "Jen—"

Her phone ringing cuts their attention from each other. She peeked at the caller id and plastered there was Lisa. "Lisa and Kai will be over tonight for my project." She simply said before running out of the atrium. She picked up her phone as she runs to nowhere in particular. "Lisa! Thank god you saved me from being rejected."

"ACK!" Both of them looked towards Jennie as she sucks her own thumb. "Okay this is unlike you, did something happen and that's why you're so unfocused?" Her eyes dart from Lisa to her girlfriends and to Kai who is in the middle of modelling the clothes for her. "Hey Kai, do you think you can help me?" Jisoo looked towards Kai, "I think we're kind of feeling slum and would love some snacks."

Kai looked towards all of them and nodded, "sure, I heard sweets help with nervousness too." He looks towards Jennie before going out of the apartment. "So, what happened girl?" The three of them crossed their arms looking at her. She slumped back to the couch sighing loudly. "You guys know who's apartment this is right?" She sighed looking at them when all of them shook their head. "It's Professor Taehyung."

"SHUT UP! Damn!" All the three girls walk around the apartment looking at the items. "Look at that canvases! Omg, where's your room?" Jennie pointed towards a direction and all of them run there. "Shut up! Look at the ceiling! It's painted with stars! Omg, look at that self-portrait!! Did he painted you?" Jennie nodded. "Wait! everyone pause—how did you become his roommate?" Jisoo paused the two girls and looked at Jennie.

Jennie sighed and told them to sit with her at the bed. "Let me tell you a story, from the beginning." So, she told them all including the marriage thing and it leads to the moment where she just confessed her feelings. "So yeah, I told him you guys will be here and I assumed he's somewhere out at his office or at his friend's. I don't know what to do. It's going to be so awkward and I need to focus on this competition this weekend."

"Are you one hundred per cent sure he doesn't feel the same? He could mayyybe have teeny tiny bit feelings for you too?" Lisa propped her feet at Jennie's headboard with the latter pulling her feet away from her wall. "You didn't see his face it was like ughahhsg." The three of them stared at her. "It's incoherent words." Jisoo rests her head on Jennie's thighs. "Exactly!"

"Well, how about you distract yourself. There's the fashion thing this weekend and a man who's modelling for your clothes," Rosé winked at her. "Ah! Talking about him, I should start working back." Jennie got up and answered the door when there were knockings. "Coming," she looked up to see Kai there with snacks. "Sorry, I must take a long time to buy this snack."

"No don't apologise, you—" her eyes caught Taehyung standing at the end of the hallway. His eyes dart from hers to Kai's figure. He looked down to the floor before looking at her with a smile and turning back away from the hallways. Her eyes followed his figure until nothing was there anymore. "Jennie?" She turned back looking at Kai and he had a worried all over plastered on his face.

The week went like a flash. Although Rosé has encouraged her to 'get together' with Kai but her mind can't seem to cooperate with her. Every time she tried the arts of flirting as called by Lisa, her heart sinks and kept thinking about Taehyung although she shouldn't. Their relationship was nothing and she concluded, that it was all a fragments of her imagination.

The fashion show went quite well and she even won. Delighted was what she should've feel but inside she felt empty. The winners of the competition even won a trip to Paris for fashion week but it also means Taehyung's last day as a professor. Madam Liliana is back and he is going to return to his own life. A life without her. All night she kept wondering when will he tell her. She deserves to know.

And it sucks that she heard the news from gossips rather than him, himself. That clearly shows her position and role in his life. Just another student. She was one of the thirty's students he knows as their temporary photography professor. The festival was winding up cause droplets of rain were starting to fall. She watches as Taehyung was talking with few students that have always been gawking at him. His eyes caught hers and she couldn't stand it, she ran.

"Jennie! Wait!" The rain was hurting her eyes with how they got into her eyes. It was for sure getting heavier. She wasn't sure how far she had run but she knew it was far enough from any peering eyes. She turns around, her eyes were equally wet as her clothes. It must be red by now. He stood there, his plain white shirt with his beige cardigan was equally wet. His hair was slicked back, making his face clearer in the rain.

"Don't—" she put her hands up making the distance between them. "I would rather you said nothing and pretend nothing happened than you explaining yourself to me." She cried. "If you want to lecture me about how feelings are just a waste of time or maybe a fragment of our imagination that we created in our head, don't do it now," she pushed his hand that was trying to grab hers.

"If you don't want me to say anything then I won't but I have to show you." With a swift movement, she felt another pair of lips on her, kissing her. She must have stood there idly and eyes wide opened at him when he rests his forehead against her. "Kid, kissing involves two people and I feel like I'm the only one doing that right now," he chuckled. "I—" Before she could say anything, the same lips attacked her again but this time she responded and close her eyes, her hands travelled to the back of his nape while his on her waist, steadying her.

 "I—" Before she could say anything, the same lips attacked her again but this time she responded and close her eyes, her hands travelled to the back of his nape while his on her waist, steadying her