Chapter 19 Is That You?

- A grand time skip brought to you by someone with way too much time at their hands -

"Alright here's your coffee.", a young woman smiled as she handed a warm cup of coffee to a customer. They thanked her and walked off. The woman was about to turn around to the staff room, she has had a long college day and a stressful shift at the cafe she worked at, so she just wanted to go home and get some sleep, but that had to wait, because she heard the door bell chime, announcing that someone had entered the cafe. "Eh, S-Snow, Snowie? Is that... is that really you?", a woman in her late 30's asked. The younger woman turned around completely to face her. "Uh... yes, that's me.", she answered "Do I know you?", she studied at her new customer more, before her eyes widened in surprise "Wait no- no one calls me 'Snowie'... Olivia?", Snow felt a rush of excitement running through her veins. To her, it felt like she'd last seen Olivia just 2 or 3 years ago, but time obviously went on differently in the realm, so it must've been roughly two decades for Olivia. The older woman nodded viciously and went ahead to hug Snow. She hadn't changed that much, a few wrinkles and some grey streaks in her hair, but she overall still looked the same. "I thought you were dead. After everyone talked about how you'd run off with the new one.", Olivia whispered against Snow's shoulder and she felt her shirt slowly getting soaked. "I'm so, so sorry Liv, I don't even know how to explain things.", Snow's heart ached, she'd left her best friend without another word and didn't even try to contact her in her two years that she'd been back.

A cup of coffee and a long story kept short later, Snow had pretty much explained everything there was to explain to her old friend. Olivia had a bit of a problem to understand everything that Snow had told her, but she couldn't blame her. It sounded like a fantasy novel and Snow lacked proof, besides a few scars and scratches to fully convince Olivia, but her friend seemed to be rather glad to see her childhood friend safe and sound. "Liv let's stay in touch.", Snow pulled out her phone and the two women exchanged numbers as they exited the cafe. "I need to go in this direction, we - I bought Clive's old house.", Snow stated and Olivia smiled "Oh me too!" And so the two girls went off together. They walked and talked and it felt as if time hadn't passed for the two of them. "So you and Morrison, huh?", Olivia asked. Snow blushed but furrowed her brows at the same time as she heard that name. "Kinda... he broke up with me two years ago... I - he - he just fucking left...", Snow explained "Aw baby, come here.", Olivia pulled her into another tight hug and soothingly drew circles on her friend's back. They remained like that for another couple of moments before Snow slowy freed herself from her best friend's death grip. "I guess we'll have to part here.", Olivia chuckled but Snow frowned slightly, the idea of parting from Olivia after just getting her back into her life was somehow painful. "Call me when you get home, okay?", Olivia stated with a smile and Snow nodded before heading home.

After a quick walk she unlocked her door and entered her house. It felt empty without Frank, even after he left two years ago, so she tried her best to either invite friends over or not be at home too much. With a sigh she put off her shoes and her jacket, hanging it up at a hook on the wall before making her way to the kitchen. A small sandwich would suffice for tonight. So she grabbed some bread and put on some pieces of salami, eating her small dinner as she made her way to the bathroom upstairs, she needed a shower before going to bed. So she entered the bathroom door and stepped inside, the reflection of a young, tired looking woman greeting her. I need to get some more hair dye soon, maybe I can call Joey to safe a pack for me. She maintained her red hair ever since she first dyed it. It wasn't a constant reminder of Frank -unlike the rest of her environment, who had sometimes teased her after she told him about the inspiration behind her name. Snow shook her head, this wasn't the time to drown in nostalgia. She quickly turned away from the mirror and stripped down her clothing, turning on the tap and stepping inside the shower. The warm water soon soaked her hair and embraced her form like a warm hug. She soon closed her eyes and just enjoyed the feeling of her muscles relaxing.

With a feeling of refreshment she stepped out of her shower, wrapped up in a tall towel, while a smaller one was wrapped around her hair. Snow reached out for her toothbrush and put on some toothpaste. She brushed her teeth and quickly made her way to her bedroom, putting on a large t-shirt and a pair of panties. She sat on the edge of her bed, shutting the light and let herself fall backwards. She did her best to busy herself with her work but the unexpected meeting with Olivia brought back all the memories she'd tried to forget. She pulled her knees up to her chest and closed her eyes, falling asleep on top of the comforter.