1. Mr introvert & Miss Badass

Nandini

It was my first day in school after we shifted to Delhi.  I was not really interested in moving and leaving my amms back in Chennai but I had to move to Delhi with my parents. I stirred under my quilt not wanting to come out of my ever so comfortable bed. It had been a month since we moved in to Delhi and it felt new and unfamiliar everytime I go out maybe because it was not my born place where still my heart and mind stuck at. I was good at almost everything but at the same time I was a big prankster and kind of introvert, all at once. It depends on where I am. My old school knew me for my mischievous and notorious behaviour. Though I top in every subject, I was weak in extra curricular activities which also includes sports. I was never a sport person. I always keep a good distance from it. I hated sports while my father was a champion in football. It was his stress buster. I wondered what was so special about sports. I woke up a little earlier than my alarm usually go off. Ask me when did I sleep. Sleep was far fetched dream for me last night. I was thinking about my old school. If I get connected to a place, I get emotionally connect to it that I felt it is impossible to easily forget. Since I was the only daughter of my parents, they showered a tons of love on me that had actually spoilt me. I was basically a spoilt brat with genius brain. Ask me for a loophole of something, I'll put forward a hundred of them. Yawning, I climbed out of the bed and went to my study table to make sure that I had packed my bag. I always hung a star key ring in the zipper of bag. It fascinated me for some obvious weird reasons. Or maybe because my dad is a space scientist. I checked my mobile phone to see it fully charged. I grinned widely as it was charged completely because I had a disorder of forgetting to put it on charge and then I had to carry power bank with me everywhere. Being a clumsy person that I was, I keep it somewhere and then forget the place. It was my fifth power bank. I prayed to god to not to loose it again. My mom had strictly warned me that if I loose it again, I would not get another and I could not save money to buy any as I use for snacks and food itself. I loved junk foods and snacks like anything but they were forbidden inside my gates so I preferred to eat it outside my house, safely away from my mother's eyes. I roamed around my room aimlessly since I had no idea what to do next because it had just been six fifteen and my bus comes at seven half. I had more than one hour and I barely need half an hour to get ready. I adjust with the time I had in my hand.

“Nandini” my mom shouted and I woke up in a jerk. I had not yet realised that I had been sleeping.

“Nandini, what are you doing? Your bus is waiting for you!!!” she shouted and I realized I was sleeping. I had no idea how I fell asleep, I just sat on my study table and closed my eyes.

Fuck!!!!

How could I even be so late on the first day of my school itself.

I'm so screwed.

Also I have to travel for twenty minutes to reach my school.

I cried inwardly.

“Mom!! Let the bus go. I have not got ready yet” I hurled abuses for being late. I opened my wardrobe to take out my fresh new uniform. I went for a quick shower. I got into my uniform and descended down. My mom was mad at me for being late for school. It was a routine for me to run late for school. I had planned to eat bread pizza made by mom because she makes the best of them but since I was getting late my mom would have packed it for my lunch and I grabbed an apple. I pressed my cheek against my mom's, hugging her sideways, it was my way of saying goodbye to her. She kissed me on my forehead and bid a bye. I waited in bus stop for god knows how long.

Great Nandini.

You are going to get killed by your principal.

What they would be thinking about me.