Chapter 12 Honest

Start from the beginning

"No, of course it's not wrong." Jessie wanted to soothe Laren's uneasy feelings, so she said no.

Lauren went silent. She just keep looking at the ceiling. She did not even blink.

Seeing her being quiet, Jessie hold Lauren's arm that was hugging the pillow. "Hey, don't think too much about it. Maybe he wanted to talk about something else."

Lauren turned her head, looking at Jessie and smiled. "You really care about me, huh?"

Jessie turned her head to Lauren and smiled too. "I care about you and Ally. I love you guys." Jessie chuckled.

Both of them then looked at the ceiling again.

"Do you still love him?" Jessie asked.

"I don't know. I guess I still do but I'm so mad that he dumped me just because of a silly reason." Lauren frowned while answering Jessie's question.

"Have you ever thought that, maybe it wasn't silly to him?" Jessie asked again, curiously.

Lauren sighed. She was afraid to admit that, so she just raised her shoulder as a sign of 'I don't know'. She knew that it was not entirely Austin's fault. It was hers too. She was too comfortable to be in the relationship, knowing, or too confident that Austin would not let her go, and she was completely wrong.

It was blissful and beautiful for the first year of their relationship. They communicated a lot, did not fight a lot and even if they did, they decided to discuss, talk and solve it right away because Austin valued their relationship, well at least he once did though.

Alas, everyone's relationship has its ups and downs. Lauren became too comfortable with her relationship and she took it for granted. Lauren clasped her chest, it was painful. Tears rolled down her temple. She quickly wiped it, hoping that Jessie did not see it.

Jessie saw Lauren's tears. She stretched left her arm and put it under Lauren's head and wrap around her head. Her fingers were playing with Lauren's hair. Her right arm wrapped around Lauren's waist, hugging her. Lauren turned her body postion, facing her while still hugging the pillow.

"Hey, it's okay to cry. I won't judge you, and I'm not gonna say anything about it." She patted and rubbed Lauren's back, wanting to calm her uneasy feelings.

"Is it wrong if I still have feelings for him?" Lauren did not know why did she ask such question, maybe she just wanted an assurance as she was certained that Jessie would say no.

Lauren burried her face into the pillow and breathed in deeply and slowly, holding back tears as much as she could. It was upsetting. She was not even experiencing this feeling the day they broke up, but why did she has to feel this after a month of breaking up with him.

"No, it's not wrong. Hey, talk to him okay? There are  no perfect relationships. Well, sometimes you gotta experience this kinda thing for you to actually realized how valuable your relationship was. Learn from mistakes, you know what I mean? If you think that he really makes you happy, then talk to him. It's not wrong for you to get back with him. Have a slow talk, and don't let your emotion or ego get the best of you. Talk with your heart." Jessie convinced her that it's okay to start over.

"Plus, I don't mind if you date him. I mean, you never ditched me and Ally to go on a date with him when he asked you out because you had plans with us, and you always prioritize the ones whom you have made a promise with first. I like that about you." Jessie added. She was very
comfortable being Lauren's friend. She was not like most girls who just ditched their friends to go on a date with their boyfriends. She was a good friend.

"What am I gonna do without you and Ally." Lauren stopped crying, she removed the pillow from her face, wiped her tears and then smiled while looking at her best friend. "Thanks J, I'm so relieved now. I was overthinking for a while."

Someone suddenly entered the room. It was Ally. She was looking through her phone when she stepped into her room.

"Guys, dinner will be ready in 30 min-" Ally stopped talking when she looked at both of her friends hugging in her bed and saw Lauren's swollen eyes. She put her phone in her pocket, closed the door and locked it.

"Now, what did I miss? I feel left out." Ally was sitting cross-leg before both of them. Jessie and Lauren sat up and removed the blanket that was covering their lower body. Lauren sat with her hands hugging her knees. She took a deep breath before she began to talk.

She told Ally what she and Jessie were talking about. Ally paid her attention to her, and sometimes nodded her head. Never once did she interupt while Lauren was talking. After listening to all what Lauren had to say, Ally scooted herself closer to Lauren and gave her a hug.

"I will always support your decision, and will always be there for you." She assured Lauren.

"Damn! I love you guys!" Lauren hugged her back and chuckled.

"And damn! My favourite pillow is drenched with your tears!" Ally said jokingly.

Lauren grinned, she put her palm together and bring them closer to her chest. "Sorry." She showed her guitly face.

Author's note:

Hello guys! This chapter was a bit longer than the previous one I guess? How was it? What do you guys think? Do you think that Austin is never gonna leave Lauren again? Well, let see how it goes 🌚🌚

please leave a comment and tell me how i can improve my writings. and don't forget to vote too! have a nice day! xoxo