Chapter 6 I Want to Meet Her

The sun shone brightly, the birds were chirping loudly and the temperature was at its best; not too hot and not too cold. Jessie stretched her right arm to reach out to the shelf that was placed above her study table and took out subject files according to classes that she had that day.

She took a glance at Lauren who was sitting on her bed and was ready to go to class, waiting for Jessie to get ready. Jessie needed to be ready quickly as they both woke up late but Lauren managed to take a shower and get dressed fast.

"Hey, let's go. We're late." Jessie put the chair under the table and headed to the door. She was about to reach the doorknob when someone opened the door from outside of her room. Jessie flinched as she was a bit surprised by that.

"Jeez, you startled me." Said someone who just opened the door. She looked surprised as well. The brown and curly-haired girl who was wearing a white plain T-shirt paired with black jeans and white sneakers, stroked her chest as she was a bit surprised to see her roommates and also her best friends standing in front of the door. Her brown eyes looked straight into Jessie's eyes who was standing right before her.

"No, YOU startled me." Jessie replied with a radiant smile on her face. She pulled the girl into her hug and squeezed the little body tightly.

"ALLY!" Lauren shouted excitedly at the back. Lauren came closer and joined Jessie hugging their best friend. "Why didn't you tell us that you are coming back today?"

Ally pushed her friends gently and coughed softly. "Too tight. I can't breath properly." Ally entered the room and put her small luggage on her bed. Jessie and Lauren who were about to go to their class, cancelled their intention and sat to Ally's right and left side.

"I wanted to surprise you so I didn't tell you I was coming. I really thought you two would have gone to class by now." Ally exclaimed in disappointment. Not that she was disappointed to see her friends, it was just that she really wanted to surprise her friends.

"We woke up late." Lauren explained shortly. Her fingers played with her ponytail.

Ally went to visit her parents for a week. Her dad had appendicitis and had to undergo a surgery to remove his ruptured appendix. She was so worried that she rushed back to her parent's house in the middle of the class. It was so lucky that the lecturer understood her situation and excused her from the class.

"You should've just told us. We missed you." Jessie grinned as her hand clasped Ally's. She looked at the brown eyes of Ally and give her a sweet smile, but for some reason Jessie could see darkness and sadness inside hers. She did not even smile when she saw her and Lauren standing at the door when she opened it. Did something happen to her dad?

Ally was a cheerful, happy-go-lucky girl. In fact, she was the brightest among them all. Lauren kind of had random characters, she could be the best friend ever, she could be very blunt and straightforward and she could be so heartless. While Jessie, her personality and character when she was with Lauren and Ally were different when she was with someone else who was not close enough to her.

Jessie wanted to asked if anything happened to her dad but she cancelled her intention as she saw Ally went to her table and started to put her books and files into her bag that she usually carried to class. "You going to class?" Jessie asked curiously. Ally just got here and it's normal if she just wanted to take a rest and not to go to classes on that day.

"Yep." Ally answered shortly. She could feel that Lauren was staring at her with a frown on her forehead. She caught her glance and snorted. " I ALREADY TOOK A SHOWER BEFORE I CAME HERE." She widened her eyes, as if she knew what was on Lauren's mind.