He forced himself to smile and nodded. "She is."
Oh Taehyung, don't pretend like you didn't see that coming. He's obviously still a straight guy and will keep liking pretty girls, unlike you.

But whatever he did, he would probably never get his heart to stop pounding whenever the other was around. Or his chest to sting whenever he realized the feelings weren'r returned. No matter how hard he tried, he would never succeed.

Because that was the dangerous power of human emotion.

It was like falling into an abyss, an abyss full of pink, cloudy, glittery skies that could oh-so suddenly turn into dark, stormy, lonely skies.
Weird, huh?

"Ooh, the movie's starting. Let's take our seats." Jungkook grabbed their refreshments and started walking towards the entrance, Taehyung trailing behind like a lost puppy and dreading what was about to come.

°○●○●○°

As soon as the gigantic silver screen slowly lit up to present the common, way-too-long ads before showing the actual movie, Taehyung's heartbeat started picking up its pace, this time not necessarily out of love (well, maybe that one aswell) but particularly out of fear.

God dammit Jungkook! If I wouldn't have had the fattest crush on you, I would've already murdered you! 

Taehyung munched on a piece of popcorn to calm himself down.

The movie finally started and Taehyung felt Jungkook's gaze and his beautiful, dark orbs on him, indirectly asking him if he was fine.

He nodded quickly, though panicking on the inside.
Slowly, he was starting to get annoyed at himself for being so emotional, sensitive and... vulnerable in the younger's presence. It's like he had him under some kind of spell without even realizing.

Just why? What was there about him that got Taehyung so caught up under his spell? He couldn't quite wrap his mind around it.

The movie barely even started and Taehyung was already gripping the arm rest tightly out of apprehension, his knuckles turning white.

After a while, Jungkook noticed with a short side glance, held out his hand and motioned the other to take it with a nudge of his head.

Oh my god. He is asking me to take his hand. His. Fucking. Hand. AHHH.

For a moment, Taehyung blended out the terrifying clown and the creepy, shrill background music piercing through him like blades and slowly intertwined his slender, long fingers with Jungkook's shorter ones, the butterflies inside his stomach starting to dance around gracefully. He screamed internally.

And suddenly, the movie was actually bearable. Well, the first half of it. Sometimes, he would slightly flinch or jerk around in his seat at the brutality displayed in front of him, but the effects were significantly less far-reaching than before.
The warmth of Jungkook's palm made him feel secured and protected and the slight squeezes he would give every time he saw his friend flinch or close his eyes abruptly gave him little bits of courage.
Stupid, right?

He just concentrated on the younger boy, confided in him and let the little tingles tun through his entire body. Overall, he just felt okay.

That was until the grand jumpscare happened.

The frightening clown was suddenly popping up everywhere on the screen and oh boy, Taehyung did not see that one coming.

Being an evidently very jumpy person, he clung himself to the thing closest to him while releasing a loud whimper.

The closest thing to himself was Jungkook's shoulder.

Jungkook, who seemed unfazed and not scared at all, surprisingly didn't push him away.

He raised his hand out of the popcorn bag and guided it towards Taehyung, who was still gripping his shoulder tightly while laying his head on it, trembling lightly.

And then, Jungkook patted Taehyung's hair, softly and gently, while keeping his eyes focused on the movie screen.

His other hand removed the shaky hand grabbing his shoulder, intertwining their fingers together and running his thumb over the skin of Taehyung's index finger.

Only for a short moment but for Taehyung, it felt like time slowed down and everything around him didn't matter anymore.

His touch was so warm, so, so warm.

And Taehyung, whose emotions were about to explode, really had to hold himself back from sitting upright and kissing him in that very moment.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

(A/N: okay so this book reached 500 reads and holy fuck i can't believe it, i screamed when i realized >.<

thank you so much to everyone💜💜 )