After some interesting findings, Billie pulled out a gorgeous pair of black, heeled, thigh high boots that she instantly fell in love with, and a cute, white, off the shoulder sweater. Some more digging in her own suitcase and Billie emerged with her own black skirt that she planned to tuck the sweater loosely into, and a white washed, blue denim jacket. Her laziness only allowed Billie the energy to put on a dash of mascara, blush and some lip balm for the entirety of her makeup, which was already way more than she usually did.

Billie preformed a little show for herself in the mirror, the outfit hung up on a coathanger for her to admire, pleased with the combination of her and her aunt's fashion tastes. She quickly finished the homework she had due for the next day, ashamed at her own goody two shoesness and grabbed an apple for a quick snack.

Harper tried to refrain from pacing the floor, not wanting Alex to hear from downstairs and know she was nervous. She threw her eyes at the clock on the wall and tried not to scream in frustrated excitement when she saw it read only 5:30.

A few minutes later, Billie's phone rang and she took it out of her pocket, taking a deep breath to calm her rocket high nerves. The tone rang again through the apartment and Billie's heart leapt as she answered it.

"Hey! I am nowhere near ready if that's what you called to ask." She laughed softly at herself. Billie couldn't help but blurt out the words, butterflies attacking her heart with the thought of going out with Alex.

A brief pause sounded through the line and Billie began to worry she'd been too forward and she wrung her hands nervously, ready to start apologising any second.

"You were expecting someone else?" A deep British accent sounded calmly through the phone and Billie's heart, once doing flips, seemed to stop altogether. She'd been expecting to hear from Elijah soon, but a part of her had hoped she wouldn't at all, especially not tonight.

The original seemed to expect her shocked silence and continued anyway, knowing she'd be listening. "I think it's time we had a chat." He said the last wort almost disdainfully at the generational slang.

Before Billie could even think of a way to tell him she had plans, Elijah spoke again before ending the call curtly. "I'll be in front of the Mystic Grill in twenty minutes. Don't be late."

A long continuous beep sounded through the phone and Billie took it from her ear, letting it hang in her hand while she comprehended the call. She had a sneaking suspicion that the thousand year old vampire wouldn't appreciate her asking to reschedule and in all honesty, he was kind of a scary dude, she wasn't eager to see how he'd react to her cancelling on him for a date. She got the feeling he wasn't very used to being refused.

Billie reluctantly dialled Alex after battling with herself for a minute or two, knowing she had no choice and hoping he would understand, even if she wouldn't be able to give him a full explanation.

He picked up almost immediately and the excitement in his voice almost matched her's from earlier. "Hey, what's up?"

"Uh hey, Alex... I'm really sorry, I've gotta cancel tonight. Something huge came up."

Silence sounded for a moment before Alex spoke again, disappointment lacing his words before he quickly covered it up. "Oh... that's uh-that's okay. Raincheck?" He asked her hopefully and Billie smiled with a roll of her eyes, beyond relieved he wasn't mad.

"Obviously." She said softly, smiling so hard her dimples practically folded her cheeks in half.

"Well... good, 'cause I can't wait to see you." He laughed nervously and Billie could picture the cute smile on his face, knowing he was probably standing right below her feet made her almost crazy, he was so close.