Sick? 4

We got in the car and Justin leaned on the window sniffing. "Are you feeling any better?" He shrugged. "A little." He finally got discharged and we were heading home. Justin didn't have another seizure after the first one. Justin improved slightly but was still stuffy and had no appetite.

Justin silently looked out the window. "Are you excited to see the puppy?" I asked in hopes of him perking up a bit. "Puppy?" I hummed. "Where is the puppy?" He asked continuing to stare out the window. "Back home." He sighed. "Home." I smiled and pet his leg. He flinched.

The rest of the ride was silent. We got to the apartment and we got out. I stopped Justin at the door. "My mom is in there with the puppy. Do you want to meet her?" I asked. He looked hesitant and scared. "It's okay bubby. She's quiet and knows you have autism." He sniffled and nodded. "Okay," he whispered. I opened the door and Jacks ran wagging his little tail. Justin scooped him up and laid on the couch. "Mum?!" I screamed (not too loud not wanting to upset Justin).

"I'm here honey. I just got out of the shower," she slightly laughed. "Do you want to meet Justin?" She got excited and we walked out to the living room. Justin was throwing a toy and Jacks was getting it and jumping excitedly. I leaned down. "Bubby you wanna meet my mommy?" He coughed and sniffled. He shook his head and pet Jacks. "She won't bite," I tried to persuade him. He sighed and nodded.

"You don't have to talk or make eye contact okay?" He nodded and looked at the ceiling above her. "Hi, honey." She knew he was listening. "You're eyes are beautiful baby boy. Can I get a closer look?" He nodded. She touched his face and he cringed but let her look at his eyes. "You're so beautiful baby boy." He smirked and looked down.

She put her hands down. He got up and walked over to the cars. He picked up three cars and walked back to us. He handed me a red car, mum had a pink car, and he had a purple car. Mum frowned. "I think that means he likes you. He did that with me too." We both smiled.

Justin pulled the car back and it hit the rug. oops, I forgot to move it. Justin whined congested. "I know babe. I know." I got up and moved the rug.

I turned around again and Justin was scratching his arms. "No bub. No honey. Stop it." I tried to stop him, but he was older and stronger. Jacks growled and barked. He ran over and nudged Justin. Justin slowed. Jacks nudged his hand away from his arm. Justin started crying softly while Jacks curled up on his lap. Justin pet him and continued crying.

I handed Justin his car but he pushed it away and walked over to the couch again. “You have to forgive him, mum he’s feeling poorly.” She nodded. “I understand completely honey. I have to go, but tell Justin to feel better soon and make sure he gets liquids and some food when he feels up to it.” I nodded and we hugged. She walked out and I closed the door behind her.

I looked back at Justin and he was sleeping once again.