𝔗𝔴𝔬

SM ENTERTAINMENT

SM ENTERTAINMENT. MEETING ROOM. YUNA'S POV.

Red freaking Velvet. I couldn't believe I was in the same room as them. Wow.

"Please sit down, we have some things to go through." A woman who was in the room prior to me spoke, breaking the killing silence in the room.

The girls of Red Velvet nodded and smiled, finding open seats. Irene, Wendy, Seulgi, and Joy decided to take seats across from me, while Yeri decided for some reason decided to sit next to me on my right. My heart started to increase it's pace and my palms began to sweat even more.

I look over to her and see her already looking at me. She smiled and introduced herself. Before I could say anything else her gaze went to the lady who was standing up. I followed her gaze and tried to pay attention.

Yeri's beauty was distracting.

"Hello, thank you for coming here today," She smiled at Red Velvet, her hands clasped respectfully in front of her, "As most of you in this room may know, there was going to be another member added to Red Velvet, decided by management."

Cool, Red Velvet was getting another member, I'm wondering who it is though. But, what does this have to do with me? Just as I was about to ask she had already answered my question.

"We've decided to add Yuna, to the group."

Silence.

My mind was blank, I couldn't even say anything― I mean, what could I say?

I looked over to Yeri, she was no longer looking at the woman talking but at the table as if it was the most interesting in the world. I couldn't read her emotions, was she upset? I wouldn't blame her. Having another member thrown into the mix when already they were successful. Wait― why did they need another member?

"W-wait. Me? I'm the member? Why, Red Velvet was already doing well without me, they don't need me. I'm not that talented enough to be with them― " I was cut off with my rambling when Yeri suddenly held my hand. I looked over to her to see her looking into my eyes.

"We saw your practice tapes. We had a meeting before this a few days ago and all agreed. Your abilities bring something new to Red Velvet." She calmly explained. Sometimes I forget that she's the youngest. Sometimes.

I looked over to all the other members. Most of them smiled and nodded.

"I understand how nervous you might be, I do," Yeri continued, "But trust me, everyone will love you. You're skills are amazing!" Her hand still gently holding mine.

My breathing stabled as I sub-consciously held onto her hand. She didn't seem to mind as she continued to rub her thumb over my hand calming me almost instantly.

"Yes, we all looked at your practice tapes and progress. Everyone has agreed to add you into Red Velvet." The women explained. "Now, just seeing as how Red Velvet just made a comeback, you girls will take time to get to know each other and practice together before making another comeback together. Wendy will also continue her recovery."

Suddenly, a man who was sitting next to the woman stood up and continued her sentence. "Yuna, you'll be taken to your apartment to pack up anything needed then move into the Red Velvet dorm." He paused. "That's it, until further notice."

YUNA'S APARTMENT.

Yuna's head was spinning, she didn't know where to begin in packing. Throwing in the couple of clothes she had, and other necessities. She may have tripped and stumbled a couple of time while in a rush to pack up everything. She didn't want Red Velvet to be too bored waiting for her.

Taking her small suitcase and backpack with her, she had already managed to pack her stuff. Running down the stairs, she almost ran into Mrs. Lee, who ran the apartment complex with her nephew.

"Ah! I'm so sorry. I didn't see you there Mrs. Lee!" Yuna quickly explained.

The elderly woman only shook her head and chuckled. Realizing that Yuna was carrying at suitcase and a backpack with her, she became confused. She knew the kid in front of her, and sadly, she knew that Yuna didn't even have enough money to buy food, more or less even be traveling anywhere.

"It's alright, but where are you going Yuna?" Mrs. Lee asked, confused by her favorite tenant. "Oh, I forgot you to tell you Mrs. Lee, I got into a group, I'm going to debut finally." Yuna shyly confessed to her old friend.

Overjoyed by the news, Mrs. Lee gave Yuna a bone crushing hug, knowing how long the kid has been practicing only to be turned down multiple times. "Oh I'm so proud of you! Now don't forget me when you become famous, I may be some old lady, but I've been taking care of you for so long now!" Mrs. Lee jokingly said.

Yuna handed over her apartment key to the lady and gave her a big hug full of love. The older lady has been taking care of Yuna for a long time now and has taken her under her wing after finding out Yuna had no family member in Korea. She owed everything to Mrs. Lee, she's fed her and has turned a blind eye once an a while when Yuna wasn't able to pay her rent on time.

Yuna wiped a few tears that were blooming on her face before waving goodbye to her friend. She exited the building and ran to the van waiting for her. Seeing Yuna from the rear view mirror, her now manager opened the door for her and took her stuff from her and carefully placing it in the back of the car.

Yuna entered and went back to her original seat which was by Yeri. As soon as Yuna sat back down, a big grin appeared onto Yeri's face as she turned to Yuna, who she had befriended rather quickly. That grin slowly went away after seeing Yuna's slightly red eyes that still had a few tears.

"What's wrong?" Yeri quietly mumbled, not wanting the other members to hear their conversation, as seeing how Yuna was still very shy. "I just had to say bye to a very important friend of mine, she was overjoyed at the fact that I was finally debuting though!" Yuna joked, chucking softly.

Yeri gave her new friend a warm smile before reattaching her hand to Yuna's, enjoying the warmth it gave her.

"It'll all be okay, I promise."