Secrets and Expectations

It was close to sunrise when Katsuki woke up. His body ached and his head felt heavily clouded. A quick glance at his alarm clock told him that it was only about 4:20 in the morning. Even for him, that was a little early.

He laid there for a while, his thoughts running wild in the dark. It was unusual for him to have such an early wake-up call, but he did just have an unusual day. He had felt...off ever since he saw the way Izuku and Todoroki interacted during lunch. Whatever it was had been serious enough to throw the nerd off his game during combat training. All those looks, all those glances, all those frowns. It drove Katsuki crazy and he couldn't even pinpoint a reason why.

Was it because he knew Izuku was well above whatever that half and half had spewed to him?

What exactly did he say?

Why was Izuku so nervous?

What happened after they both left the common area?

Why was it so important to Katuski that he found out?

The blond let out a groan and slid a tired hand down his face, ignoring the small protest in his body at the action. He was still so exhausted, yet it appeared that his mind refused to let him go back to sleep.

It annoyed him to no end, but Katsuki couldn't deny that it was eating him on the inside not knowing what was going on. Everything seemed like it could tie in together as if the things he wasn't understanding were smaller pieces to a bigger puzzle.

What he did know, was that it was all linked to Izuku. Somehow, it would all trace back to the nerd and his stupid fluffy green curls and his stupidly wide emerald eyes and his blindingly bright smile and--

Wait what?

Katsuki shook his head and sat up in bed, the sheets rustling with his movement. He was tired and confused and upset. Unless he went over to Izuku's room to settle this, he wouldn't have his peace.

What were even the chances that he would be up at this time?

Close to none. It was early as hell.

Despite this knowledge, the blond still leapt out of his bed and walked over to the door. He didn't bother putting shoes or any kind of sandals on. He was the one who cleaned the dorms this time around so fuck anyone if they thought he did a horrible job at it.

When he stepped out into the hallway, he was surprised to feel how cold it was but shrugged it off. His quirk allowed him to feel fairly comfortable in cold temperatures, so it wasn't a big deal to begin with.

The quiet patter of his feet against the hardwood floor sounded loud to his ears, especially knowing that everyone else was fast asleep in their own beds in each room he passed. Pressing the button to the elevator...stepping in...pressing Izuku's floor...it all felt so slow to him.

He was so close to knowing what was going on, but it felt like years were passing him by. Each step weighed a ton and he hated the feeling. It wasn't as if whatever he'd find out would be bad, so why did it feel like this was the end of the world?

Standing in front of Izuku's door felt so foreign to Katsuki. He never had a reason to be here before, but now he had a damn good one.

At first, a quiet knock disturbed the peace of the hallway, the blond trying not to wake anyone else on the floor besides the boy inside. But the quiet didn't last long before he heard something big fall to the floor from inside of Izuku's room.

"I'm coming!" He heard a loud whisper come from the other side, at least confirming that the boy was awake.

Katsuki stood there, his arms crossed over his chest in impatience.