Chapter 6: Destiny

Start from the beginning

I lift Athanasia off my shoulders and put her down so she can have a closer look at the designs. "Pick whichever you want, Athanasia!" I smiled at her.

She gives me a happy face before turning to the accessories with sparkling eyes, hungry for gold. "Woahhh!"

The vendor laughed quietly at our behavior. "Your daughter is very adorable. You're a nice father" He grinned at our cute relationship.

"Right..." I pat her head. "She's my only precious daughter" My mouth curved up into a soft smile and I already felt my crystal heart melting again.

I hate it. The fact I have to redo this stupid spell every week. Sigh. I'll do it whenever I feel like it now, it'll be fine to leave my heart like this for a while as long as I don't get too attached to Athanasia.

"Papa! I want this one!" She points at a hairpiece. "Please?" She gives me puppy eyes, begging for it.

I looked at the hairpiece, it was a rose gem surrounded by fake gold with a little green petal sticking out. "Of course!" I told her and she jumped up to kiss my cheek.

I was surprised by her sudden action and froze in place. "Thank you, daddy!" She giggles

"... Anything for you, darling" I smiled through the unbearable cringe feeling inside. If we weren't in public, I would've... Kill... yes, kill her on the spot.

My heart was pounding loud that I could hear it echo in my ears.

Why did it take so long to think?

Whatever. It's probably a side effect. I turned to the vendor who had his hand over his mouth and smirked with pleasure at me. This guy... If I was still emperor, you would've just kept a straight face whether you're forced to or not.

"Your daughter really is unique." He compliments. "So is that all?"

I looked at the table that was full of various accessories. "Hmmm. I'll have this bracelet, tiara, and this blue hairpiece along with it" I pointed at them. "Oh! And this pink one too!" I finished my demand.

I purchase all the stuff and he wraps them in a box then hands them to me. "Have a wonderful day!"

We walked around and Athanasia would grab onto my sleeves to signal me her desires. I would buy her everything she wants and we even stare at fruits? This girl really is sheltered. That bastard dares to do this to her.

I gripped my fist and grit my teeth just at the thought of her suffering under him. I'll make him pay for the things he has done.

*TIME SKIP* - Night Time - ~ 3rd POV ~

Athy puts blackie to sleep and looks out the window blankly. She sighs and couldn't bring herself to sleep no matter what. "I miss papa" She mumbled.

Coincidentally, she has teleported herself into the wizard tower where Anastacius lives for now and he too could not sleep but instead read some books on his desk. He noticed her in the corner and rubbed his eye to make sure Athanasia was in his very room again.

"Athanasia? What are you doing here?" He was surprised to see her.

She ran towards him and jumped onto his lap before hugging him. "I can't sleep" She snuggles into his arms. "Can I stay here?"

He stares at her blankly and exhales. "Yes, you can..." His heart melts again and he could feel it beating but he ignores it.

He puts her in his bed and sits on the side of the bed. She lays down and looks at the ceiling then him. "Papa, I can't sleep," she tells him.