Chapter 8

Alex watched in silence as the young girl disappeared behind her office door. She was off to go meet her half-brother? Val hadn't really told Alex anything about this Nico guy. She had only given a brief summary last night.

Val mentioned needing to meet up with him after the movie the night before, and that he was her estranged half-brother that her father didn't count as a legitimate heir... but Alex hadn't asked for more details and assumed they would come with time. They never did, probably due to the following events, but if Val were meeting with him now then surely Alex would find out just what he wanted with his little sister. Something didn't feel right about it, but then again, Alex hadn't felt right ever since that morning, when her fiancé showed up out of the blue.

To top things off she had just almost fucked her seventeen year old employee. What made it worse was that she felt disappointed that she hadn't gotten to. Even using the word 'fuck' seemed inappropriate. When they were together Alex was... she didn't just want sex, she wanted Val's company and goofy humor, she wanted to kiss her—something she hadn't ever wanted to do when she had been sleeping with Cyn.

But she was so young. Maybe the age difference wouldn't mean anything in a year—hell, she was legalso it technically didn't mean anything now. But it still felt a bit strange, and Alex was sure as hell everyone else would think it was strange too. Not that they were together, or anything, she didn't think that was a good idea. Not to mention her future husband was waiting at home for her. She hoped Val would understand. Things were messy right now, and Alex was tipsy.

She remembered earlier that day, him on top of her, rough and forceful. Sometimes Alexis wasn't sure if their sex was even consensual. She never told him no, but she really didn't feel like she could. Whenever she resisted he just got rougher, and she had ended up with a bloody nose when he 'accidentally' hit her with his hand.  All things considered, he had done worse things to her, and she was sure that if Val hadn't been in her house then a bloody nose would have been the least of her worries.

Alex combed her hands through her hair, trying to undo the mess Val had caused by running her fingers through it. It was entirely unfair, considering she hadn't even had sex, so why must she put up with sex hair?

There was a knock on the door, and Alex wondered if Val had already retreated from her brother's side. "Yes?" She called, returning to her desk, which she promptly sat on top of. She crossed one slender leg over the other and folded her arms over her chest. "Come in."

It wasn't Val, but Cyn.

The sable-haired beauty sauntered on in, closing the door behind her and then coming to a stop in the middle of the room. Her stormy gray eyes narrowed at Alex and she mirrored the blonde, crossing her arms over her chest as well. She shifted her weight to one side, all attitude and judgment wound up into a tight ball. "You didn't," she said.

Alex's expression remained unchanging. She tilted her head slightly. "Excuse me?"

"Don't give me that, you know what I'm talking about." Cyn pointed to her high ponytail. "Remember these? Yeah, yours is gone and it looks like you've been... rolling around." She then pointed to the glasses on the floor, the ones Alex remembered throwing from her desk in her rush to get Val onto it instead. "And those."

If Cyn wasn't giving her such a serious look, Alex was sure she would've blushed. The flashbacks were still replaying in her head: Val underneath her, their mouths connecting and their tongues dancing, the feelings of Val's smooth skin under Alex's hands, Val's moans and how she pulled Alex closer, how they both wanted more.