Chapter Nine

It was beautiful. The soft lights illuminated the blanket just enough so the stars still lit up around them. Carefully layed out on the beach was a small picnic and blankets to keep them warm. The tide only just missed swallowing the gesture and the sweet ocean breeze filled the air, softening Bakugo just a little. He didn't know what to say. Standing there stunned, he thought he must have looked like an idiot but Kirishima kept holding his hand anyway. Ejiro led Bakugo down the thin pathway to the picnic and they gently sat on the blanket.

"Wow. Katsuki Bakugo has no words. That's a first." Ejiro joked. Bakugo gripped his hand in response. He honestly didn't know what to say. Someone did this...for him. Just for him. This was it. This was what Toga told him about. It was like they were in their own world. A world where their differences didn't exist and good and evil were just words. It was just them. And he couldn't ask for more.

"Thank you." Bakugo croaked. Kirishima looked at him stunned. Slowly, his face softened and he looked at Bakugo straight in the eyes.
"You deserve it."
"That's not true."
"You deserve to be happy. This does make you happy, right?" Bakugo sat still in thought for a second. He was surrounded by more love than he had ever gotten. He was next to someone who thought he was worth something. And for one night, that voice at the back of his head, the one who teased him, the one who sowed seads of doubt, was gone. He was free. And it was all because of Kirishima.
"I think I am." Bakugo pressed his head against Kirishimas shoulder. He closed his eyes and Ejiro pulled one of the blankets over them.
"Hey, Bakugo. I just realised I hardly know anything about you."
"You know me better than anyone dumbass, what do you mean?"
"I mean like where you go to school, what you're ambitions are, what you're favrioute colour is...basic stuff." Bakugo sat up to look Ejiro in the face.
"You wanna know my favrioute colour? We're kinda past that."
"I want to know."
"Fine," Bakugo said, looking Kirishima right in the eyes, "red." Kirishima stared right back at him, with the same intensity.
"And why's that?" His face grew a little closer to Bakugos.
"It's forceful," even closer, "and passionate," closer still, "and strong," their faces were just inches apart, "but best of all, it's heroic, in every sense of the word." And then all of a sudden they were kissing. Fireworks could have gone off right at that second. The world could have been ending and it wouldn't matter. Kirishima gripped Bakugo's face and pulled it in tighter. His fingers were soft and gently caressed his cheeks. His lips were warm and all through Bakugo's body, warmth filled him up and made him whole. Together they were complete and for just a second, everything was okay.

As they slowly broke apart, Bakugo gently held Kirishimas waist. They stared at each other for just a second until Kirishima broke out into a wide smile.
"Wow."
"Wow?"
"Wow. Was it wow for you?" Kirishima asked.
"It was...incredible. You must be a player. No one kisses like that their first time."
"I guess you would know. Maybe I'm not the only player." Kirishima joked. Bakugo looked down.
"Actually, this was my first kiss."
"And?"
"I guess it wasn't half bad..." Bakugo said. Kirishima grinned and stood up. He gave Bakugo his hand and pulled him up.
"Come on." Kirishima smiled.
"What?"
"I said...come on!" Kirishima yelled, halfway in the water. Bakugo smirked...this boy.
"Fine, shitty hair. I'm on my way." Bakugo began to roll up his pants when a splash of water hit his face. He looked up to see Kirishima beaming at him from the water.
"What was that for, asshole?"
"You were taking too long! A little water never hurt anyone," Kirishima splashed him again, "see?"
"Oh it's on, dipshit." Bakugo raced into the water after Kirishima and stuck his hands underwater. With a sharp burst from his quirk, a giant wave hit Ejiro in the face.
"WOW! I didn't know you had such a cool quirk! Explosions are so manly!" Bakugo grinned at the praise.
"Yeah? Bet you couldn't beat it."
"Ooh, unluckt for you that's a bad bet to make." Kirishima raised his hands above his head and hardened them as they came crashing down, drowning Bakugo in spray. He beamed, clearly pleased with his win.
"I'm gonna make a great hero, huh?" He asked. Bakugos face dropped a little.
"What's wrong? You don't think I'd make a great hero?"
"No...it's not that...it's just...you're too good for those wannabe heroes. You actually care. You'd be surprised how many heroes don't." Bakugo scowled.
"And you'd be surprised how many do. The world isn't all bad Katsuki. Try to focus on the good, or else you'll never be able to see anything but the bad." Kirishima grabbed his hand. He tilted Bakugos head up and gently pressed his lips against his.
"If the bad outnumbers the good...tip the scales." Kirishima whispered.
"How can you be so positive?" Bakugo asked.
"I'm kissing you, under the stars, in the ocean, on the most perfect night in existance. How can I not be?"

¬Authors Note
Thank you so much for following the story so far! I've been really busy with exams lately but I'll try to update as regularly as possible. Stay safe everyone and remember to wash ur hands!