Chapter Five

Bakugo was used to sneaking out. But it was something about tonight and what he was about to do that made him sick. It was like his stomach was in his throat and that stomach was filled with a thousand butterflies. The feeling was hardly forigen, arising whenever he thought about his parents whom he was seperated from at a young age. A comforting nervousness.
And that comforting nervousness was exactly what warmed him as he sliped quielty out of the window into the dead of night. He would check the library first, after all, it wasn't uncommon for UA students to be there. Of course, none of them had ever actually talked to Bakugo. Still, it was worth a shot.
The warm lights of the library glowed in the dark night, forging a clear path for Bakugo as he stumbled toward the doors. Unlike the rest of the wet, cold city, the library was inviting, soft and homely. It was like it's own world, inviting you to explore something unkown. To Bakugo, that unkown was love, companionship and warmth. It was a sense of belonging he rarely achieved anywhere else. And so, when he entered that library, his nerves washed away as he felt the comfy blanket that was Inko Mindoriya's smile greet him.
"Bakugo! How nice to see you my dear! Can I help you with anything?" She asked.
"No...thank you. I was just coming to browse." He shyly replied.
"Well in that case, I have a favour to ask of you!" Inko hapily chirped.
"A favour? What makes you think..." Bakugo stopped as Inko walked away, clearly wanting Bakugo to follow. He hesitantly obliged, trodding along, mind elswhere and she led him through isles.
"My son and his friends require a certain expertise of yours.." Inko started. Bakugo's ears perked up. Could he really be so lucky that Kirishima was here now? That he was about to see him? And...there were the nerves again. Dammit.
Inko led him into a common space, with a table in the centre surrounded by four people of very brightly coloured hair. God...main charecters. They were all hunched over books, laughing and talking to each other. They were clearly meant to be studying. One girl had bright pink skin and equally bubblegum hair with small horns sticking out the sides. She was laughing loudly, a camera around her neck. There was also a short boy, with dark green hair, dotted with freckles. He was the only one who actually looked like he was concentrating. Along with them was a very bored looking boy with bright yellow hair, accentuating his black, lightning shaped streaks throughout the mop. He obviously didn't want to be there. Lastly was the boy, smile shining as brightly as the day they first met, hair messily swept up into a bun to keep it out of his face. It didn't work. Strands fell into his face and over his bright, joyful eyes. He too, was holding a camera, lining it up to the pink girls face. He scanned the library with the lense, not looking for anything in particular, when the camera landed on Bakugo. Both the boys faces went bright red for a moment, unitl Kirishima unleased a killer smile.
"Hey it's you! Temporary boyfriend! You ran off so quickly the other night, where did you go?"
"Home, idiot." Goddam. Why was he so bad at this? JUST BE NICE TO HIM DAMMIT!!!!
"I...went home, sorry. I had to check on something." Bakugo lied. Kirishima's face scrunched up for a second, signifying his suspicion toward Bakugo. After a second, it lit back up.
"That's all good. You're here now, right?" He asked, hopefully.
"Yeah. I'm here now."
"You two already know each other?" Inko asked, confused.
"Yes, Ms Mindoriya. You told me to get him to help me study, remember?" Kirishima kindly told her.
"Oh. Oh yes, that's it. Silly me." She walked away, glassy eyed. Bakugo sensed something was wrong, but he couldn't quite place his finger on it."
"So...there are alot of you here. Are all of you really taking photography?" Bakugo asked, walking up to the table and taking a seat next to Kirishima.
"Well, I'm here becuase photography is beautiful. I want to be able to capture the beauty of the earth. I'm not sure about the others, though." Kirishima smoothly said, staring at Bakugo intently.
"Samsies!" The pink girl piped.
"I'm Mina. I assume you've already met Kiri. This is Denki, who we dragged along to help charge out computers and that quiet guy over there is Izuku." Izuku waved his hand at Bakugo, acknowlaging his presense only just.
"Deku." Bakugo whispered under his breath. No one ignores him. Kirishima giggled at the comment and looked up at Bakugo, their faces only inches apart.
"You're kinda mean, huh? This'll be fun."

~Authors Note~
Thank you everyone who has supported the story thus far. I really appriciate it.
In case anyone is wondering, Izuku is taking photography becuase he wants to do all the extra curriculars. He figures the more skills he has, the better a hero he'll be.