Chapter Six

They had been studying all night. Bakugo had tried to drag himself away multiple times but Kirshimas smile always ended up making him stay. For hours, Bakugo had to tediously explain photography and art, all the while longing to be alone with just Kirishima. It hadn't been all bad though. Try as he might, he couldn't fight the fact these people were actually kind of sweet. Dammit, Bakugo thought to himself, remember what they are, what they're trying to be. No matter how nice they may seem, all heros are the same.
Bakugo just needed to remind himself what heros did to him. How he stood, cold and alone, watching that man kill his parents. He remembered how he cowered in fear. He remembered how he stood frozen in the shadows, unable to move. Never again. He carried that guilt with him every day and he would not soon forget. He wouldn't forget the excuses people made for that murderer. He wouldn't forget the patronising tones and the empty apologies. He would avenge his parents if it was the last thing he did. He would...
"Bakubro...are you okay?" Bakugo broke out of his trance to the concerned face of Kirishima. Ejiro reached out his hand to smooth Bakugos. Katsukis face went bright red. This boy was a monster, he told himself. A beautiful monster.
"Of course I am shitty hair," He yelled, quickly pulling his hand away. Kirishima giggled,
"It's okay, you don't have to pretened you're all 'tough' anymore. It's just me, everyone else fell asleep." Bakugo looked around the table to see that Deku face planted on a book, drooling and Mina and Denki back to back snooring.
"The fuck do you mean 'pretend'. I am tough. I have to be." He muttered.
"What do you mean?" Kiri asked.
"I..I just" Bakugo stuttered.
"It's alright, you can tell me." Kirishima softly said. His hand comfortingly wrapped around Bakugos and both their cheeks grew as pink as Mina in the pale light.
"Well...I...I grew up on the streets alright hair for brains? Is that what you wanna hear?," Bakugo started angrily. Why was he saying this? He hardly knew Kirishima! Suddenly he felt Ejiros hand squeeze his and a soft warmth rushed over him. "I was orphened when I was pretty young, okay," He softly mumbled, "I grew up on my own. You have to be tough out there or the world'll get to you. Esspecially when you're like me."
"And whats that?" Kiri sweetly asked. Bakugo looked up into his eyes. They were so deep and beautiful. He noticed how kind they were, how enticing they were but mostly how comforting they were. They almost made him feel safe.
"Well...gay. And young. And impressionable. And artsy. I make for an easy target for dangerous people. Angry people", his voice quivered, "scary people."
All of a sudden, Kirishima pulled him into a tight hug. His body was warm and delicate but strong and demanding. Goddamn. Was everything about this boy a contridicton?
"You don't have to be afraid of me. I like you. Please tell me you have a home now." Kirishima whispered into his ear.
"I, I do. I live with...um...some other kids my age I guess. We all kinda think the same."
"Kinda like these guys and me then?" Kirishima looked around lovingly at his friends. "After all these attacks, we live in one dorm house. It's amazing. They all have such a passion. They really want to help people, Katsuki. People like who you were." Bakugo stood their stunned. Help people? Thats not what heros did...they were selfish, right? Kirishima must have been fooled by them or something...these people were cruel, all they do is take...
"Oh right, I suppose you might not know. This group...they've been attacking our school. It's horrible," he looked straight into Bakugos eyes, "they're so full of hate. So blinded by vengance that they can't see amongst all the worlds chaos there is beauty. They don't understand what us heros try to preserve..."
"Yeah but not all heros are like that!" Bakugo snapped. "A hero can say their preserving life one day but just as easily kill with a smile on their face, using that twisted reality that the world is good to justify a meanigless blood bath!"
"Maybe.." Kiri frowned, "but all I know is trying to destory any hope and heroism left in the world out of spite is the same. Except they don't give life a chance like heros. They let their scars consume them rather than help them grow."
Bakugo was left awestruck. He didn't know what to say. This boy...what he said went against everything he believed. Yet somehow it felt like there was some truth in those words...
"I...I need to go" Bakugo stuttered.
"If you have to," Ejiro sighed, "but I'll be here tommorow night as well. Just me. No one else." Ejiros beautiful eyes started holes through Bakugo.
"Yeah? And why would I care shit for brains?" Bakugo blushed.
"Just saying. You're interesting, Katsuki. I'd love to poke at your brain a little more. Never change." Kirishima took a long look at Bakugo and finally planted a warm kiss on his cheek. Bakugo felt his face go bright red. Awe struck and speechless, his legs carried themselves to the door.
As he ran home, he could feel the kiss still burn his cheek. What was this boy doing to him?